Notices

Thread: Hello from a new rider

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello and welcome to the group. A phrase you will come across fairly often is 'ride your own ride' which simply means ride within [B]your[B] comfort zone and don't let anyone push you past your own limits. That way you will build confidence at your own pace. Take care.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Welcome to the group
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Hello and welcome.

Hi and welcome to WB

Just get out as often as you can, relax & enjoy.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Hello & welcome. I've been riding 34 years (must have started young!) and like others have left my indicators on. Try some outings as some find it easier riding out and about rather than just local town stuff as less traffic lights and roundabouts.

Hi Kate,

Welcome to WB. I am also female and from Marlborough, so if you wanted a friendly face to ride out with then just just me a shout. I have only just recently passed too (this year) and I agree with what others say when they say ride for yourself. I have a big bike and a small bike depending on my mood, and trust me you will get quicker the more time you spend on your bike.

Kayla

Hello and welcome, forget about going faster just remember your training keep putting that into practice and the rest will fall into place, but most of all think safety and you're go on too have years
    of fun.

Hi, and welcome to WB. Wiltshire bikers are a great bunch of riders and most are really normal (ish) human beings! I, too, leave my indicators on .... but I have an excuse, since I ride a cruiser and my indicator light is on the tank, so is difficult to see in bright sunlight when not gazing at the petrol tank! I also have a 1950's Black Night motorcycle suit .... made from rubber! ..... I should get a good price for it on Ebay. I think I'll wear my leathers when on a WB ride, lest they take the p*ss out of me ! Richard.
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Hi and welcome, enjoy getting more experience, the winter is a great time to get out as the best biking roads are way quieter