Notices

Thread: Losing my nerve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    It's the light at dusk which is the worst

ive read some of the posts but not all, sorry in advance if I say the same things ???

I love reaing at night.....'strange am I'. I used to hate it but hving kids has forced me to have to ride at night. less on the roads.....mostly.....better idea of the oncoming traffic......and a better sense of bike handling...
    I can pick up issues on the bike earlier... worm bearings loose stuff and tyre issues as I rely more on feel than eye sight....

and occassionaly I get to go out in the day and the ride feels so much more ...........fun lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    It's the light at dusk which is the worst
    This is so true. The first ride I had on my CBR about a month ago was after I got home from work one evening and went out with my boyfriend following me. I'd never ridden in anything other than daylight before so to ride an unfamiliar bike, in twilight, was pretty hairy. Something about your perception seems to alter - full light or full dark doesn't seem to cause problems, but dusk is a worry and I'm not happy riding in it.

One of the biggest problems with adjusting is that a lot of the car drivers are doing the same thing and some of them are rolling disasters! Noticed it a lot this week with the clocks shifting, plenty of drivers meandering around the road and driving too slow, then the ones that slam their brakes on because they are dazzled or lose sight of the road. Don't believe there are still sooooo many drivers out there with dodgy headlights - it's a basic check that can even be done whilst in the car! Must have flashed a hundred of the numpties...

A few times I have just slotted in behind a car and followed as I have felt weary, plenty of mud and tractors trying to grab the last bit of sunshine, or low sun glaring in peoples eyes. Can't understand why more drivers don't have shades? I always used them as the sun is low in the sky, had a few people doing the salute at the T junction because they can't see a thing.
    Gradually getting more confidence as I'm doing more night riding, just take it easy.