Notices

Thread: Meta defcom t alarm problem

1. Meta defcom t alarm problem 
    Hi guys,

Was thinking of riding out for the first time on new bike today, but for some reason I can't start the bike even though I can switch off the alarm, display on ignition comes on but shows 'chec' in window. Any ideas please ? 😞

Is the alarm aftermarket or a dealer fitted part? If it's aftermarket check how it's been fitted (did a prior owner badly splice it in to the loom)

Hi, had it fitted by dealer prior to delivery, guess I ought go contact them tomorrow initially.

Is the kill switch in the off position? Easily missed.

how old is the alarm? we deal with Meta and Datatool and others and when you ring technical they say life is around 7 years, of course, some are older , they are the lucky ones..
    George White were selling baskets of em off when they shut half price, trouble was they were allready 4 or 5 years old.
    what bike? Triumph factory fitted Datatool ones and they are a part of the loom, you have to jumper block to leave wiring in place but be able to remove alarm unit

Well you were right Davegsr, one problem was the kill switch which I had obviously switched on and forgotten, the other was I had forgotten to kick the side stand up while sitting on it in the garage 😉 ... I think newbies are allowed one or two daft moments maybe.
    All ok now and starts fine, and been in to dealers today and been shown how to properly set the alarm, so that is working too, and now I know why the alarm kept going off when I pressed the big button on the fob ... 'Its the panic alarm' and not the arming button he he.

Thanks is to all for your help and suggestions 👍

We all have to learn lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

made me giggle. At least it is sorted and we all have to learn somehow. I have done the sidestand error before so know the feeling
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Glad you're sorted. I doubt there is a single member on the site who hasn't had one of these moments (and you don't have to be a newbie!?)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    I have done the sidestand error before so know the feeling
    Me too, couldn't workout why the bike cut out when I let the clutch go