Notices

Thread: Hi .... New Biker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Welcome to the group
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Hi guys, well going on a week and a half since I passed my mod 2 and still not been out on the new bike, weather has been pretty awful and would rather take her out in the dry to start with while I familiarise myself.
    Can anyone suggest an easy riding route for a short jaunt out, weather permitting, (am in Shrewton). Thanks.

How short? If I want a really short hoon in the local area I have a "lap" I do when bored and feeling like riding like a loony. If you head down toward Bulford, down the bulford droveway, range road to Tidworth, through Tidworth then take the turning off the 338 for everleigh, before everleigh there is a left turn (just before the old pub) this takes you along the country road to Haxton and Netheravon, as you pass through Netheravon take the turning before the garage that leads up to the army estate, as you pass the kids nursery on the estate turn right, follow that country road and it will lead out back at Bulford droveway (the milston road junction). It's mostly fast straights, with a few decent corners and a couple of blind hills.

Edit - added map

Last edited by WR6133; 14-10-14 at 04:09 PM.

Hello and welcome.

Congratulations and welcome. Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Hi Tony, welcome and congrats on your test. Happy to meet up for a gentle ride out, I'm the other side of Shrewton from you but happy to pop out your way or meat up somewhere. Can't do this weekend as doing IAM slow riding course on Saturday and already out on Sunday with a newbie co-worker of mine who wants to get used to his 125 before he starts commuting on it.

Hi wr1633,

Thanks for the route update, think part of it actually follows some of the route we used for ride outs while training so am familiar with some of the roads. Weather still awful though so not been out yet, hopefully soon and will definitely give it a go 😊. Prob won't be doing the fast riding bit for a while until I have practised a bit. Need to get used to different set up and balance of bike.

Hi Trev,

Thanks for the offer of ride out, is appreciated and be nice to catch up with people from the group. Glad you said not this weekend, weather ain't exactly great 💦, be good another weekend though 😊. Gentle ride sounds fine, I need to get the feel of new bike and see how she handles, so won't be disappearing into the distance he he. Let me know some dates you are free and we can arrange to meet up 🚴.