Notices

Thread: Stripping the Mrs's............................................. ..........Bike lol

1. Stripping the Mrs's............................................. ..........Bike lol 
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know i am attempting to fix my Mrs's YZFR125. I have an adjustable spanner, some sockets, with no ratchet, some long nose pliers, an empty can of WD40, a Phillips screwdriver, and a flat head one, o and a couple of allen keys. Its been making a rattle/ticking noise since she brought it, but has got really bad, so bad that she is embarrassed to ride it. So iv stripped it right back and checked the cam chain tensioner, which is ok . I carried out a full oil change and filter change, and used a funnel small enough to drip feed an ant lol. Next thing is to strip of the head, and check the tappits, which i think is the problem. Hopefully by the weekend it will be up and running, and Santa will hopefully bring me a proper tool kit for next time. Feel free to take the p-ss, but i like to live on the edge
    "look busy......... Jesus is watching you" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle_junkie View Post
    Santa will hopefully bring me a proper tool kit for next time.
    All you need extra is the quintessential large hammer, and a box of elastoplast.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

hahaha, iv got a crowbar, and selotape to repair cuts

Look out for Halfords professional sets. They go on sale a few times a year up to 66% off. Lifetime guarantee as well that they do honour (I've tested it).

Not sure if I'd be stripping the head with no proper tools, there is stuff in there that needs to be torqued correctly and stuff you really don't want to damage

yeah, that's where the sensible side of me comes in, ill be popping the head off and checking the tappits, if they are shot, then i will defo be buying some correct tools to finish the job.

well, cam chain tensioner seems ok, and the valve clearances are correct, just found a video on poo tube, some lads yzfr125 making the same god awful sound as the Mrs's. Reading the comments, turned out to be a buggered crankshaft and bearings...........................

wor dof warning, some of the later YZFR and CBR 125's are made in China so anything is possible. Ive seen push rods worn by 5mm, that would make a rattle

I have torque wrenches if you would prefer to borrow till you can afford. You would need to collect from Salisbury though. Good luck.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.