Notices

Thread: David's story

Threaded View

Here's one to ponder. How many of us drive cars/vans/trucks etc? When you are waiting to pull across traffic, what do you do if you see a biker coming your way. Would you wait and allow him/her to pass, or would you make the turn? Bearing in mind not everyone adheres to the speed limit. I for one would play it safe and wait for him/her to pass, then make the turn. Iv been commuting from Swindon to Southampton for about 4 weeks on my bike, and i have learned some valuable riding skills, and have reeled in my speed at junctions, as iv had at least 5 instances of cars chancing there luck at junctions, and even sweeping off the slip road on the dual carriageway straight into the outside lane in front of me, and nearly on me. I even ride with a bright yellow Spidi Hi-Viz jacket. I am a strong believer that everyone should have a stint on a bike before climbing into a car, i hate to say it but we are all sitting ducks. As for David, we all have different views about this and that, but honestly, the car should have just waited for him to pass if he wasn't 100% sure of David's speed.
    Last edited by Throttle_junkie; 16-09-14 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typo
    "look busy......... Jesus is watching you" !!!