Notices

Thread: Mainland Road Racing

1. Mainland Road Racing 
    I hear the rules are going to be changed so that IoM style road racing can be allowed on the UK mainland.

I am interested to see how long it takes before the first meet happens.... :-\

Look at castle combe circuit they can only have a certain amount of racing a year because a few of the locals don't like the noise and the extra traffic.

If an application was made to a council to have a meeting on roads anywhere in the UK I can just imagine the protests from local residents
    "Not by my front door"
    Planning applications, resident protest groups, meetings, protests, appeals, etc, etc - it could take years, if ever, to happen.

I can't imagine it happening ... just think what 'elf & safety will have to say .... Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

As above, I'd be surprised, a) if this happens, b) if any new race would be able to be held if it did.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Need to find a section of road that isn't riddled with pot holes, craters and gravel first, likely to be a very short circuit. Possibly moped racing ; )