Notices

Thread: MCE Insurance

1. MCE Insurance 
    I was looking at a non related article this morning which had nothing to do with Insurance but a chap mentioned that he was not happy with MCE.
    After reading a little further, it was to do with the breakdown insurance included in his policy which was meant to be provided by the RAC.
    He had a breakdown and called the RAC to find out that he was not covered !

With this in mind I decided to call the RAC and find out if my bike was covered due to the fact it was included in my insurance policy, I was told that I am not covered and they have no record of my bike !

Anyone that is insured with MCE, it might be a good idea to check as its a bit late if you breakdown.

Haven't had a chance to call them yet as customer services are only open on week days !!

Might be worth phoning first, as the bike will be on the insurers recovery database which you call in the event of a breakdown, using the number supplied with the policy, then im pretty sure they contact the breakdown company and pass over your details and position, not a direct link to the breakdown provider, which may account for them not having your bike on their records.
    cheers Wes

Thanks Wes, going to ring in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by XJ View Post
    Thanks Wes, going to ring in the morning
    I'll be interested to hear their response. Please keep us posted XJ.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Platinum Member
    You are quite right - MCE aren't with the RAC anymore - they are with "Call Assist"

I have since cancelled my cover with them (as I had a breakdown experience with them which was quite frankly ridiculous)
    I went direct to the RAC

If you started your cover with MCE before a certain date in February this year then you will still be with the RAC however, if it's after that specific date you are with Call Assist.

I don't want to go into specific detail as it's too long a story however, to have a mechanic rock up without a socket set (you can see my point)

I recently had to call out the RAC when I was stuck in London.
    My cover was through Bennetts and I must admit my heart was in my throat as I called.
    It was all fine and the RAC got me going again.
    I did phone Bennetts first though but in hind sight it might be better to check before a breakdown.

Only bikes insured with MCE before a certain date are covered for breakdown with RAC

My partner had to call out the breakdown the other day and a chap turned up in 30 minutes and was really helpful, personally I dont see the issue 'just' because its not RAC.

Just got of phone to MCE and if you have a policy dated before Feb 10th your with RAC after that your with Call Assist.