Notices

Thread: Bluetooth For Helmets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bluetooth For Helmets 
    Bought one of these for £15 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1713250329...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT . Heads up for anyone looking at them it is incorrectly described it doesn't have an intercom feature. However if you complain the seller gives you a partial refund so you get a Bluetooth headset that works with phone (calls or music) and satnavs for about £10.

I brought the Scala Solo Rider set, obviously a lot more but the quality of sound is so good if you were talking people wouldn't know you were doing 50 mph. (Yes I know concentration etc ec) but is excellent for the shat nav.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

How is it chris? Tempted for the music feature, though not keen on the distractions! Taken a phone call on it yet?

Pretty happy with it

Speakers are ok, obviously don't expect rich bass tones and the like they are small. My lid is fairly noisy but the music is ok up to about 70 mph. Mic for the phone is crystal clear up to about 45-ish mph, apparently I was understandable around 80mph but there was some wind noise. Battery lasted 6 1/2 hours shift in work and still hadn't died despite being almost constantly playing music. Only real gripe is the way the unit clips on to the mounting plate is a bit insecure but a little bit of leccy tape sorted that.

All in all for £15 (or a bit under a tenner if you complain about the lack of intercom and get a partial refund) it's well worth a punt

Check this baby out - LINK, it's not cheap but it is fighter pilot technology now reaching us on 2 wheels.

I must say I'm tempted but have gotten so used to open faced helmets I don't know if I would use it that much.
    www.hellsangelsnomads.co.uk
    Strength & Honour

Quote Originally Posted by 81-Nomad View Post
    Check this baby out - LINK, it's not cheap but it is fighter pilot technology now reaching us on 2 wheels.

I must say I'm tempted but have gotten so used to open faced helmets I don't know if I would use it that much.
    Rideapart had a write up on it http://rideapart.com/articles/future...ts-skully-ar-1

$1499 so around £900.... be gutting when it bounces down the road.

Banned
    It does look amazing but I like it that no one can contact me when I'm riding

jeez guys..get enough chat off the mrs at home or in the car,without getting an earful on the bike/trike as well..besides if i.m riding dont need any distractions and i love the sound of the bikes(even the ER5 has a certain something)..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Big_al_+_kate View Post
    jeez guys..get enough chat off the mrs at home or in the car,without getting an earful on the bike/trike as well..besides if i.m riding dont need any distractions and i love the sound of the bikes(even the ER5 has a certain something)..
    Try 6+ hour shifts on a Honda Innova 125.... music was needed as people thought I was insane when they heard me singing loudly to myself while at junctions (I probably am insane but that's beside the point).

I bought a set of Sena SMH10s recently - they're certainly not the cheapest but very impressive. Rider to pillion, music and phone calls (I'm a blood biker, very useful on duty) all very clear even at motorway speeds while wearing earplugs. Battery life will last a weekend of all day riding, too.