Notices

Thread: Anyone near Swindon able to help with fork seals?

1. Anyone near Swindon able to help with fork seals? 
    Hi all,

Been doing the headgasket on my zx9r and now it's almost back together, I need to get the fork seals done. Will probably take it to a garage unless anyone is near or in swindon and wants to earn a bit of beer money?

it might cost you , but Mark Hammond MH racing will sort your forks and only down in Seagry, will set up for your needs.

That looks ideal, actually. They offer a ride in, ride out service to set up the suspension front and back which I need (previous owner mustve been about 6-8 stone heavier than me..!) for £40, will see if I can get the seals done then a full set up in one hit. Cheers!

If anyone is interested here is a good video clip if you wish to do it yourself, I hope to be doing mine over the B/H week end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmYJgcGX30

Enjoy, John

ok to look at the the video but the main thing to look for is supporting the bike correctly, you don't want good forks and dented tank or cracked fairing!!
    remember keep metal away from the chrome tubes.
    what would have been nice is to strip an old set of forks not one that had been done before hence clean red fork oil, not grey smelly stuff you will find also corroded circlip and seal that dosnt want to come outwhen you start pulling.
    bear in mind the top and bottom bushes could be worn and might want replacing.

Hi all,

With the amount this bike is costing me, there's no way I can afford to have them done at a garage this side of payday. Ordered some genuine Kwak fork seals with some aftermarket dust seals and oil today, should be arriving this week, any one able to help out over the B/H weekend? I can remove the forks from the bike and bring them to you if that's easier....

Failing that, hello overdraft!

Will still be getting MH racing to set up my suspension on payday; read lots of good things about them and I reckon it will be worth the £50.

I'm away bank holiday weekend so no use to you. If you follow that video jfranci1 posted though you'll easily DIY it, make sure you have the bit of waste pipe they use in the video for the bushes.