Notices

Thread: Every motor biker will crash one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Every motor biker will crash one day 
    According to an article in Visordown it is inevitable, but is really just luck that in 25 years of riding and I mean lots of it I never have?
    http://www.visordown.com/features/on...rash/6225.html

What do you think?
    Counting down until my next ride out!

It is all guess work. Someone could have ten accidents and the other nine would never have one. I would like to think that I will never crash again as I am now more responsible and careful but there is always something around the corner that could take you out.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Banned
    I had mine when some prick knocked me off my moped

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    It is all guess work. Someone could have ten accidents and the other nine would never have one. I would like to think that I will never crash again as I am now more responsible and careful but there is always something around the corner that could take you out.
    Yeah I think I'm becoming that someone

I have a dodgy knee as a reminder of a nasty encounter with a kerbstone when I was 16, tried to go around a corner on rails but the bike didnt want to. Think myself very lucky as I missed the on coming truck by inches! Certainly I treat corners (especially kerbstones) with trepidation! Also taught me the value of cow hide! Amazingly the bike was fine, save a torn seat cover.

The other morning I saw a neighbour from the street (16 years old) do the same thing that I did all those years ago, although he did it without the breakage (well not to him anyway his special go-faster exhaust looked more like a saxophone when he picked up his bike).

Several early days accidents in my teens, mainly on the 'ped and a notable one that wrote off my X7, all would now be avoided as totally down to my inexperience and (mainly) to my total disregard for personal and public safety - ie riding like a dickhead.

Since then most have been off-road or the odd track spill (a few seasons bum basic proddie racing back in the LC era). On the road I've not had a spill for nearly 25 years and IAM training will hopefully help this continue.

Nothing is guaranteed though, out Tuesday evening and was presented with a van overtaking a cyclist on a blind corner, fortunately I was not bang on the white line and had plenty in reserve and was able to drop in sharper. Not so sure though if I had arrived at the corner a fraction later : (

We've all been there. Laying in a ditch or roadside somewhere. Sadly with increased traffic on the road multiplied with less tolerance and awareness of other road users multiplied the shocking state of our roads these days, by it's inevitable that we will all have "incidents" of some kind while riding. We just have to do our best to minimise the chance of that happening.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    We've all been there. Laying in a ditch or roadside somewhere. Sadly with increased traffic on the road multiplied with less tolerance and awareness of other road users multiplied the shocking state of our roads these days, by it's inevitable that we will all have "incidents" of some kind while riding. We just have to do our best to minimise the chance of that happening.
    +1. All the above factors. Would add a lack of patience which = frustration = accidents.

Platinum Member
    I've had mine too - luckily with no injuries
    A couple of car 'pull outs' whilst filtering resulting in two heavy stoppies
    And hitting a kerb stone on a bend at 60.....

I have got away with them all so far......
    (My angel can fly really fast!)

Ive adopted that 70% rule. and when i act like a dickhead ( most of the time) I pull over and have a fag. had a few close calls like most the art of survival is to adpt and improvise. Ive been pushed off the road and along a bank at 50 I dont know how I survived to this day. I just did not panic.
    ride safe guys and girlz