Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
Trev did you ever race against a mate of mine Adam Lewis in the LC proddie days.
Don't recall the name but then only new a few by name. I raced in North Gloucester Motorcycle Club in the early 80's, I think from about '82 through to '86, circuits were Castle Coombe, Keevil, Colerne and I even recall a session at Thruxton but that may have been an 'invitation'. Started on an X7 (used a couple) and then onto an LC. Steve Colville was the tuner of choice (also got him to do my DT175!). Never troubled the leaders much (certainly on the X7) but usually managed to get in half a dozen or more races each weekend by running a 250cc and entering proddie and open classes. I recall being lapped by a mate of mine, Mark stone on his RG500 race bike and that was in a 4 lap 'qualifer'!

Cracking fun, really was racing on a budget, the first couple of seasons were on the bike I rode to work, just changed top end, rejetted carbs, bunged on the racing tyres and taped up the lights. Did lead to two weeks commute on my mums C70 when I binned it once in practice.