Banned
    http://www.resurgencegear.net/

PEKEV® Technology

Performance

Every biker knows that in the event of an accident a person must have:

• Protection against road impact
    • Protection against abrasion
    • Protection against cuts

Pushing the limits of Aramids and Ethylene fibres, we use only the highest quality spinning techniques available. Improving tensile strength and converting them into fabrics using exclusively elite blends we developed a 3rd generation PEKEV® fabric - this is one of the strongest and most stable fabrics in the world!
    Made from the world’s toughest polymer, it has the highest breaking point for yarn. The tensile strength of the overall fabric is unsurpassed among all contemporary protection layers. It has the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made, it’s highly resistant to corrosive chemicals (with exception of oxidizing acids), has extremely low moisture absorption, a very low coefficient of friction, is self-lubricating and is highly resistant to abrasion - in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel. It is highly resistant to water, moisture, most chemicals, UV radiation, and micro-organisms.
    Our fabric is internationally field tested and ready for the most demanding motorbike riders of the world. Where other brands fail to perform in safety, durability and comfort we excel - wash after wash and drag after drag!

PEKEV® features:

• World’s toughest polymer, the highest breaking point in yarn
    • With a world beating abrasion resistance of 10.83 seconds, the results of our CE EN13595-1 level 2 testing, you are wearing the results of ten years of research every time you ride out
    • CE rating is for the whole garment, not just the hip and knee protectors
    • Over 200% stronger than KEVLAR®, 15 times stronger than carbon steel
    • Made with KEVLAR® and Polyethylene (UHMWPE) - almost 3 times stronger than KEVLAR®, even in wet conditions

Had a good look at these jeans at the Calne show.
    They really do seem to be the best out there but at £240 you'd bloody well expect them to be.
    They say you're saver wearing these than leathers.
    Just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think?

You can buy these in America for $250 but apparently they are the older version.

Apparently kevlar jeans are only any good the first few times you wear them and then rapidly lose their protection abilities
    Last edited by Swanny; 28-07-14 at 05:23 PM.

£30 quid force riders jeans work when going down the road I can stand testament to that so £240 is a no way from me, I felt ripped off enough by my Draggin's.

Also call me a cynic (I am) but PEKEV sounds like a gimmick. Kevlar/Aramid has been researched for a long time at very high levels, I doubt this company has discovered some new wonder version just for biker jeans.

3. Safer than leathers? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    They say you're saver wearing these than leathers.
    So why dont people racing wear them?

Cant see why anyone would pay that price for jeans.

Too traditional me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    So why dont people racing wear them?
    I asked him that and he said they have no reason to change from traditional leather. Race leathers are good enough for sliding a short distance on a smooth track and into the gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

Also call me a cynic (I am) but PEKEV sounds like a gimmick. Kevlar/Aramid has been researched for a long time at very high levels, I doubt this company has discovered some new wonder version just for biker jeans.
    Grinfactor jeans now use a material called Dyneema

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Grinfactor jeans now use a material called Dyneema
    That's an actual proper thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-h...t_polyethylene . PEKEV I'm sure is just some BS name they have given to some generic aramid they sourced somewhere, if it's like draggin the extra strength compared to cheap ones just comes from it being 3 times thicker.

Swanny thanks for visiting us in Calne, and its great you thought enough that we raised some questions in your mind.

To answer some of the points raised in this thread:

1) Resurgence Gear has several models; Fully lined CE certified PEKEV jeans, Fully lined CE certified PEKEV cargo trousers, Kevlar woven denim Ultralite jeans, Part lined non CE certified PEKEV jeans (Heritage), Part lined non CE certified PEKEV chino's, PEKEV lined Hoodie.

Currently the CE certified jeans are only available for sale in Europe, the jeans you viewed in Calne. The non CE certified part lined jeans are available outside of Europe and currently sold in Canada, US, Australasia and Asia, these are the ones you will have seen on the US website. These are due to be sold in Europe too soon and will be priced at £155 without knee and hip armour and £175 with armour from Knox (Knox only available with European purchases).

The difference between the two models is the amount of lining they each have. To comply with European legislation to achieve CE certification jeans need to have the following features:

1) Be lined completely from waist to ankle
    2) The lining to be free moving through the jean, held in by waist and ankle cuff only, to prevent possibility of friction burns
    3) Be secured by an ankle stirrup to prevent the jean riding up the leg in an accident and exposing skin to the road.

This link provides more details on CE EN13595-1 testing and certification for protective motorcycle garments; http://www.pva-ppe.org.uk/standards....rmotorcyclists. Resurgence Gear CE certified jeans have been tested at Satra in Kettering an approved EU Notifying Body; http://www.satra.co.uk/spotlight/art...iew.php?id=351.

The non CE Certified jeans, to be called Heritage and currently for sale in the US etc, use less PEKEV lining. The majority of the cost of the garment is in this protective lining, using less of it hence reduces the price. This model has PEKEV in what are known as Zones 1 and 2, and creep partially into zone 3 too. This is the backside seat area, thighs and the front of the jean extending down to below the knee, at the top of the boot. In an accident these are considered the key impact areas where we come into contact with the road. The PEKEV and construction of the garment is exactly the same as for the CE certified jeans, just less of it hence not meeting the EU directive for CE certification.

We will be selling this model in Europe quite soon, quite simply because it provides a lower entry price point product, with the same high abrasion resistant lining as the CE certified jeans. Some consumers are happy to trade the CE certification and their higher specification with the price, the decision is generally based on your appetite for risk and the amount of money you are prepared to spend on your safety.

2) PEKEV vs Kevlar/Dyneema?

All of the materials used for motorcycle protection are derivatives of Polymers; mainly Liquid Crystal Polymers and Thermoplastic Polyethylene, such as; Kevlar, Dyneema and Vectran.

This is a description of PEKEV from Resurgence Gear Inc:

"PEKEV is not just an aramid fibre like Kevlar, PEKEV pushes the limits of aramid fibres with Ethylene, Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) by using unique, patent pending, spinning and weaving techniques to improve their tensile strength and convert them into fabric. PEKEV's strength lies in the way in which these fibres are blended, and subsequently spun into a yarn. The exact science involved is patent pending, and confidential, but hinges on the techniques used to control the length and strength of these fibres during the spinning process, the way the spun fibres are converted into a yarn and their conversion into a fabric suitable for use in clothing. Creating a 3rd generation protective fabric, that is strong and stable, made from the worlds toughest polymer, and has the highest breaking point and tensile strength of any yarn.

PEKEV has the highest impact and abrasion strength of any thermoplastic currently made, in some forms up to 15 times stronger than carbon steel!. PEKEV is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals, excluding oxidising acids, has low moisture absorption and PEKEV is self lubricating. Making PEKEV highly resistant to friction, water and moisture, most chemicals, UV radiation and micro-organisms.

The strength of PEKEV has enabled Resurgence Gear to achieve the highest rating in the world of any motorcycle jeans and cargo trousers during testing for compliance with the European Commissions strict Directive for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), enabling their CE certification. A legislative requirement for the sale of all protective motorcycle clothing in Europe. Resurgence Gear PEKEV jeans achieved 10.83 seconds resistance to abrasion, 1 of only 3 manufacturers to exceed the highly coveted 7 seconds Level 2 rating, is 1.5 times longer than any other jean available and is the only cargo trouser with CE certification and that at Level 2 too."

PEKEV, Kevlar and Dyneema have the same chemical background, it is how it is applied and made into a fabric that makes them differ.

Luckily, PEKEV has also managed to do it with less weight and thickness too!.. The Resurgence Gear CE certified jeans weigh in at 0.5Kg lighter than the other two CE certified Level 2 jeans by Bull-It and Draggin. But with their record abrasion resistance recorded at 10.83 secs to the 7 to 8 secs of the others.

3) Why don’t racers wear Jeans?

Although we, as I’m sure the other jean manufacturers, would love them to, there are many other facets to racing suits other than the material used for protection. One being it has to be a single all in one garment and not multi pieces, trousers and jacket.

The CE testing on the materials used in jeans would suggest polymer based linings offer greater abrasion and impact cut resistance than traditional leather. Resurgence Gear jeans achieved 10.83 secs in the EU lab, Bull It and Draggin achieved between 7 and 8 secs, where the Kevlar based jeans that have been tested achieved circa 4 seconds, which is similar to what leather achieves.

Maybe one day we will see racers in an all in one denim lined suit!. But for now manufacturers have focused on using the technology to offer an alternative to traditional leathers and the Michelin man look for casual riders to look more normal off the bike while remaining as well, if not better, protected on it.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions. But feel free to email us at info@resurgencegear.net with any queries you do have and we will do our best to answer them as quickly as possible.

Resurgence Gear is a new brand to Europe, and newly CE certified. You should start to see the brand becoming more prominent shortly. We have a number of journalists reviewing the jeans at the moment and hope their reviews will be published shortly. Bike Social, the media arm of Bennett’s Insurance, have been wearing the jeans recently during their reviews of the Hesketh and new Ducati Monster, see note of equipment at the end of the reviews:

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial.../#.VA7_n0tcXc0

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial.../#.VA2yt0tcXc3

We hope you keep enjoying your riding and remain safe with which ever clothing you choose. But we do hope you opt for our world’s highest CE rated abrasion resistant jeans where style meets strength!..

Seeing that you are on WB forum, how about giving me a pair to test out for you?
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Banned

Banned
    I bought a pair today from Smart Riders in Christchurch
    http://www.smartriders.co.uk/
    Really nice people in there, helpful and they even clean your hat for you