Notices

Thread: Tyres - Michelin Pilot Road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tyres - Michelin Pilot Road 
    Looking to put new rubber on the ZZR even though I can't ride it currently. The front seems to have a slow and the back just doesn't like gripping much when it leans. The ones on it from old receipts are 4 years old so they've had a long enough life. No interest in repairing the front, tyres and brakes are 2 things I like to know are in good nick.

Anyone use Michelin Pilot Road? (not the pr2 or pr3 the original). I found these http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/9...ffers/Michelin and figure after punting the free oxford optimiser thing on eBay they would come in pretty cheap.

Dont know about the pilot road mate but ive been running a set of the pilot power single compound and so far all good, wear and grip levels. Picked them up at m and p for around the same money.

I paid for the Michelins last time, not sure exactly what make, was an extra £40 from the Avons but they do seem to stick to the road, not that I'm in any danger of scuffing my knees on the bends though, prefer not to lean too far as country lanes with mud n gravel...

I have Pilot road 4`s, on my xjr1300, best tyres I've had. Expensive yes but you normally have to pay for quality

Quote Originally Posted by XJ View Post
    I have Pilot road 4`s, on my xjr1300, best tyres I've had. Expensive yes but you normally have to pay for quality
    Are they 'standard' or 'trail'...and do you know the difference?
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Looking to put new rubber on the ZZR even though I can't ride it currently. The front seems to have a slow and the back just doesn't like gripping much when it leans. The ones on it from old receipts are 4 years old so they've had a long enough life. No interest in repairing the front, tyres and brakes are 2 things I like to know are in good nick.

Anyone use Michelin Pilot Road? (not the pr2 or pr3 the original). I found these http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/9...ffers/Michelin and figure after punting the free oxford optimiser thing on eBay they would come in pretty cheap.
    Yes a VERY long time ago on a 1200 Bandit - they were OK.

I've had several bikes since then with newer model tyres which have been much better, but I suspect some of that is due to the bikes handling better.

Depends on budget but I'd go for a newer tyre personally. It's an old tyre now.

Banned
    The Road Pilot 4's sound great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV0q0loVxsA#t=163

I'm in the market for a new set of tyres so may go for a set of these

Good review and info here
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...d-4-rear-tires
    Last edited by Swanny; 15-07-14 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks for the advice guys. As nobodies said they are lethal death tyres I'll order them at the end of the week.

QB1 a newer tyre would be nice but budget is a real constraint at the moment. The state of my leg means I'm working at best half the shifts I should so even getting these is stretching it. The free oximiser thing with them means I reckon I can claw back a few quid too punting it on eBay.

...answered my own question now.

The 'trail' ones are for cross-dressing bikes. The standard are for normal ones.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Are they 'standard' or 'trail'...and do you know the difference?
    I have standard on mine, as they do 3 rear tyres, the GT is for heavier loading and they do one for as you say the trail.

What I do know is they have a dual compound, which is slightly different with it being hard down the centre and medium on the edges.

On my bike they are very stable and given me great confidence.