Notices

Thread: MAG protest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    With that in mind have to say this is one of THE best road safety adverts I think I've ever seen, saw it on TV last night -
    Perfect example of what I meant.
    The problem is these narrow minded nay-Sayers lump all cyclists, van drivers or any other group all in together.
    They see a couple of cyclists behaving badly and in their mind all cyclists are bad.
    In much the same way racists, homophobes and sexists do.

It's not people's attitudes towards bikers MAG need to worry about, it's just people's attitudes!

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Perfect example of what I meant.
    The problem is these narrow minded nay-Sayers lump all cyclists, van drivers or any other group all in together.
    They see a couple of cyclists behaving badly and in their mind all cyclists are bad.
    In much the same way racists, homophobes and sexists do.
    I don't you can throw that accusation at us bikers - apart from the Harley owners, and of course BMW owners, oh and all sportsbike riders, the bloody adventure bikers an their all boxes. FYI - I don't class moped or L plate riders as bikers - apart from that lot we're all pretty open minded (oops I forgot the classic owners)

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I don't you can throw that accusation at us bikers - apart from the Harley owners, and of course BMW owners, oh and all sportsbike riders, the bloody adventure bikers an their all boxes. FYI - I don't class moped or L plate riders as bikers - apart from that lot we're all pretty open minded (oops I forgot the classic owners)
    ^^^exactly so!^^^ apart from including the classic bike riders that is....
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Saw a big fat bloke last night wearing lycra and riding a racing style bike, on the back of his T-shirt is said "Fat guy at the back" made me smile

All I'll say is that no-one "owns" the road. We all need to learn to use it together. The roads are getting more crowded and we must all be aware.

As motor vehicle riders and drivers we must be aware of the weapon that we are controlling, and as cyclists we must be aware of the lethal objects around us. Occasionally all need to slow down and use the road responsibly!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W View Post
    All I'll say is that no-one "owns" the road. We all need to learn to use it together. The roads are getting more crowded and we must all be aware.

As motor vehicle riders and drivers we must be aware of the weapon that we are controlling, and as cyclists we must be aware of the lethal objects around us. Occasionally all need to slow down and use the road responsibly!
    Why should we all slow down so others can use the road at a fraction of the average speed? We slow down in towns because it's busy and has lots more people wandering about, junctions etc, why should we reduce speed on a national speed limit road because people want to go for a joy ride on a bicycle.

No, just keep it below three figure speeds and respect other road users. On the classic and the cycle I get regularly passed by motorbikes and cars doing stupid speeds. the don't pull out properly, rather just pass in the same lane without slowing down. That may be fun for the driver or rider of the speeding car or bike but not for the poor sod just scared sh*tless.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Quote Originally Posted by Mal103 View Post
    Why should we all slow down so others can use the road at a fraction of the average speed? We slow down in towns because it's busy and has lots more people wandering about, junctions etc, why should we reduce speed on a national speed limit road because people want to go for a joy ride on a bicycle.
    This is quite possibly the stupidest post I've ever read on here.
    Where do you draw the line?
    Why should cars take extra care to when pulling out just because people want to go on a joy ride on a motorbike?
    Why should we do anything that benifits others to the slightest detriment to ourselves?
    It's calling living in a society and being a decent human being.
    Bicycles were on the roads long before cars.
    If you're not capable of driving/riding accordingly then you shouldn't be on the road at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    This is quite possibly the stupidest post I've ever read on here.
    Where do you draw the line?
    Why should cars take extra care to when pulling out just because people want to go on a joy ride on a motorbike?
    Why should we do anything that benifits others to the slightest detriment to ourselves?
    It's calling living in a society and being a decent human being.
    Bicycles were on the roads long before cars.
    If you're not capable of driving/riding accordingly then you shouldn't be on the road at all.

that is right, everyone needs pay a bit more attention on the road, even if you are on a skateboard or in a lorry.

Yea .... and what about people walking on the roads .... two abreast on a windy little Wiltshire back road ....with a pram acting as a human shield .....
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!