Notices

Thread: Help with ped in Melksham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    not one to kiss and tell in public swanny..lol..

scooter has several issues,main one its chinese!!
    drive belt broke and seems to have caused damage to drive spindle..was ok before belt broke but now judders badly at idle..new belt fitted..new clutch also fitted to try to cure judder..everything seems to be fitted ok so i think judder caused by bent drive spindle..
    running issue seems to be caused by blocked air filter..took it off,very dirty..runs much better without filter..girl seems happy with what i tried to do to help..left it with her to clean/replace air filter and put all the panels back on that she had removed..
    she tried it up the road and she seems happy although she is concerned about the judder..i suggested get rid quick..she said that was the plan..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

If it's a potential death trap then tell her to scrap it. I for one couldn't have that on my concience if i sold it to someone and they came a cropper on it.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out to any prospective new members that it makes no difference to the majority of us on here whether you are hot or not!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

from my experience its not worth spending any more on. the problem with Chinese is you get what you pay for. Ive got two Peugeots( originals not Chinese with Peugeot badges as later ones are) which are older but still running but cost as much second hand as Chinese are new. if that drive shaft snaps could be painful..... get shot of.

Cheers for helping out Al. I really felt for the girl and her mum when no one would them. Much appreciated.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    Cheers for helping out Al. I really felt for the girl and her mum when no one would them. Much appreciated.
    me too..one of her brothers tried to help but the girl didn't think he knew what he was doing and the rest of her family bar her mum didn't seem to care..

i agree that the scooter is probably scrap material but she said she only needed it for a couple months then she was getting rid of..good luck to her i say..
    i dont think she will sell it on,the state of it means it probably wouldn't find a buyer anyway!!
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

If she is punting it on for peanuts I'd probably buy it.

And if you pay over £15 for a Chinese they deliver it for free

Banned
    So if you buy two you get free delivery