Notices

Thread: Helmet removal notice at Petrol stations

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've actually never once in 30+ years been asked to remove my helmet at a garage and do leave it on 99% of the time.

I always take my sunglasses off though so that people can see my eyes.

I must look the most unlikely potential thief ever??

It wouldn't really bother me if someone asked nicely but if they were rude I would become hard of hearing.

Personally if I was working in a fuel station I'd be more scared of a Burka wearer than someone wearing a bike helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    haven't ever been asked... I always keep my helmet on though..
    ditto.

when the young chav pulls in in his golf gti or 205 with his hoody up do they ask him to drop it before filling?

I always take mine off (helmet & gloves) I like to get a bit of air around my head/hands

I wear an open face and get asked to remove it sometimes. Annoys me up but I normally comply. More annoying is (mostly Tesco) petrol stations that let me fill up with the lid on but then ask me to remove it when I go in and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I wear an open face and get asked to remove it sometimes. Annoys me up but I normally comply. More annoying is (mostly Tesco) petrol stations that let me fill up with the lid on but then ask me to remove it when I go in and pay.
    Oh, that's the fun one. If they refuse to take your payment, then they are offering you the fuel for nothing. Insist on paying several times (with helmet on). Warn tham that you will leave if they refuse payment again and if they do - leave. Free fuel !
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

I actually complained to the head office of Shell and their response was it is only so that the cashier can confirm the bike rider is over 18. They said you can show your licence to confirm then they will turn the pumps on for you. I tried this and the cashier tried to have a right go at me till I gave them the middle finger. When I turned round there was a copper standing there and he just laughed it off. I think they are all on power trips.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    I actually complained to the head office of Shell and their response was it is only so that the cashier can confirm the bike rider is over 18. They said you can show your licence to confirm then they will turn the pumps on for you. I tried this and the cashier tried to have a right go at me till I gave them the middle finger. When I turned round there was a copper standing there and he just laughed it off. I think they are all on power trips.
    what about 17 year olds on scooters and 17s on 125's , don't need to to be 18 or whats the point in letting them ride? stupid rule that Shell!

i was asked at the sainsbury petrol station after i had filled up she was polite 'next time can you please not wear your helmet ' she said ???
    i lent over the counter and open faced helmet on just politly said 'no,,,,,,,,,10 seconds later I said there will not be a next time and just walked out...

I will go back and I will take my helmet off and I will pay for my fuel with 1p (full tank and super unleaded)

I have the same problem with a shop I go in and they always ask and I just leave the money on the counter and walk out.... if I had a turban on I bet they would not ask me to remove it

So if you had one of these on under your helmet would you also be asked to remove it?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    So if you had one of these on under your helmet would you also be asked to remove it?
    Dont be silly, that would be a blatant violation of someones human rights................

..........oh wait......