Notices

Thread: Helmet removal notice at Petrol stations

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Another rant about petrol stations.

Pulled up in the Mille last night at Tidworth, noticed fuel literally all over the pump I was parked at, thought about moving the bike to another pump but by then I was fully in it anyway. Filled up, said to the cashier 'you do realise pump number 6 is covered in fuel' - 'uh yeah' was his response.

I mean come on, its not like their job is difficult..............

Tidworths always bad for fuel spills I filled up last night and nearly dropped it on a slippery patch they often only have one guy working so he can't close up to clean up. I almost got billed for 2 lots of fuel too as the guy on a ped who didn't remove his full face when filling rode off. The cashier assumed I was paying for both!

That was probably the same patch I was in, it literally wasnt even a spill, it looked like someone had gone mental with the pump and sprayed it everywhere.

Not really what you want on a new bike, if you were out last night what was your excuse to miss the Harp

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    That was probably the same patch I was in, it literally wasnt even a spill, it looked like someone had gone mental with the pump and sprayed it everywhere.

Not really what you want on a new bike, if you were out last night what was your excuse to miss the Harp
    Being out consisted of riding the 100 or so meters to the petrol station and back.... I needed the 5 minute break from the worlds most boring OU essay on digital technology, copyright law and effective DRM..... see even the title is boring

I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I almost got billed for 2 lots of fuel too as the guy on a ped who didn't remove his full face when filling rode off. The cashier assumed I was paying for both!
    That's terrible. They should really make everyone remove their helmets before they serve them......... ��

I sometimes remove mine but not always but I try and use the self service pumps makes it so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I've got a flip front lid and have never been asked to remove it prior to filling up.
    This does not work at Shell/Waitrose, Salisbury. When written to the Management's response claimed it was needed not only for ID but also it restricts hearing and vision therefore is a health and safety issue (his whole argument beggars belief).

To those that state "I always take my helmet off" all well and good if you off for a recreational ride where time is not an issue. I fail to appreciate why a flip front helmet is required to be removed, not least, as has already been mentioned, the problem of finding an acceptable surface to put it on, but also on the daily commute anything that costs more in time is unwelcome.

Back to Shell/Waitrose, Salisbury, I do not understand why, after the recent refurbishment, the pay at the pump facility had been removed. The cynic in me believes this is to ensure customers have to visit the shop in the hope of making additional purchases

If they ask me to remove my flip, I take it in, place on counter and say 'take care if it'

--------------------------------
    On the road to nowhere

I was asked to remove helmet before filling at Texaco station on way to Frome, went in and asked them to look after my lid, when i went back in and asked why i had to remove the helmet, they said with attitude, "we have to many people ride off and we had to have your face on camera as the cameras cant see the number plates" i was asked by a young kid why can't i put it on the floor by my bike, was i scared of getting it dirty and what would i do if i fell off the bike, he then said in a girly voice "oh no i can't let my head hit the floor i mite get my helmet dirty" i had to walk out be for i blow my top, not going back.