Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned in the forum before but I can't find the thread.

I'm getting a sportsbike next year (the S1000RR; I posted a review of my test ride a few months ago), but currently enjoy having my girlfriend on the back of my bike riding pillion. As a pillion she is perfect, she knows exactly what to do and how to ride with me, so no worries there. However, the pillion seat on sportsbikes look rather... uncomfortable?

(random s1000rr pillion from google)

Obviously I know sportsbikes aren't really made for two people, but she is inevitably going to want a ride on the back of the new bike next year. The pillion seat is quite a lot higher than her, and when I went on the test ride I couldn't imagine how she was meant to get on!

So, my question is: for those of you that have a sportsbike and ride pillion, how does your pillion get on?

At the moment I can only presume that they use the rear footpeg to boost themselves up and swing their leg over? Currently my GF is able to get her leg over without using the pillion. The benefits of having a low commuter bike I guess!