having neck and thyroid cancer involving 13 hours of operations and 4 bouts of radio iodine, here is my take. didnt know I had it, working nights I was getting tired by the end of the shift albeit 4 nights , I tried to keep fist and last night as long as possible turning them into days. the operations got rid of most but the leftovers had to be hit by radiation. the down side is that too much radiation can cause cancer elsewhere. normally 3 doses is enough but I was given 4 . my concern is that is it going to affect me further.
also a side effect dry mouths, difficulty going to toilet, increased blood pressure, tingling legs, leg cramps and probably other symptoms.
when having my pre iodine 2 week diet I have to cut out iodine, salt, lettuce, pepperami, formed meat like ham, try a salad without lettuce and mayo!! or a pizza without eggs, milk, dough, cheese , meat as well.
the thyroid cancer thrives on iodine, including fish, so starve it for two weeks and then blast it, it eats it and dies from the radioactivity. I set of the Geiger counters after treatment . so makes you wonder , after the dose you can go back on iodine.so are you feeding it again.
viscious circle.