Notices

Thread: Triumph street triple ticking noise AGAIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Triumph street triple ticking noise AGAIN 
    Hey guys,

I won't say "don't by a triumph" because I may have been very unlucky, probably the under 1% of people that get a faulty motorbike but I'm really angry now and I think people should see this.

This is the video and the descriptions explains everything. So if you want to buy a triumph think twice, at least for their bad support. I wanted a ducati but I thought a triumph would have been more trouble free... I think I was wrong... at least a ducati has the looks and the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR5v...ature=youtu.be

I found it very hard to hear anything but might have heard your cam chain which is in the same area.

An oil change should clear the noise as I think it is just that the oil is getting old.

Hope this helps
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Hi Conehead, how are you?
    Thanks for the comment. The cam chain was what the dealer thought it was first time and it was the valves. It may be cam chain this time but it is very unlikely to me... Oil is supposed to have been changed on the 3rd of May (this month) because it was the bike's yearly service. Anyway, even if the oil wasn't changed, it would have 3500 miles by now.

Dealer asked to me to send the bike back and with no courtesy bike again...

I'm ok, If the issue is with the bike being faulty then the dealer should loan you a bike as a courtesy. I wouldn't trust any bike shop with an oil change as I have heard a lot of them dont bother and just top it off. Check the oil and see how clean it is but I am still convinced what I heard was your cam chain. Did you buy the bike new, if so then surely there would be some kind of guarantee that you can shove under their nose. Happy to help if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    I'm ok, If the issue is with the bike being faulty then the dealer should loan you a bike as a courtesy. I wouldn't trust any bike shop with an oil change as I have heard a lot of them dont bother and just top it off. Check the oil and see how clean it is but I am still convinced what I heard was your cam chain. Did you buy the bike new, if so then surely there would be some kind of guarantee that you can shove under their nose. Happy to help if you need.
    I agree with you on not trusting them in oil changes, but at least the oil filter is different... unless they put the old oil back in... that would be very dodgy.

I'll check the oil and will let you know, but already did 1200 miles on this one.

Yes, the bike was bought new and on the first time when the engine had to be rebuilt, I insisted for a new engine and triumph told me "we don't do that, we fix the engine and that's what the warranty is for".

I read on the internet that a courtesy bike is at the dealers discretion, they don't have to do it... I feel powerless and deceived. They took all my money and time and I don't even have something that behaves like something new.

You will probably be wasting your time but maybe mention trading standards and fair policy. If that doesn't work name and shame. Either way I hope it all works out for you.

Banned
    Sounds like Yamatick!

I watched your video, then watched 3 others recommended by YouTube which were all about the automatic can chain tensioner being faulty. The sounds all were very much like yours....

Mine makes the same noise, is it definitely something, to be worried about? Strikes me that it would be an oil thing?!

Are the exhaust headers tight? Could be a tiny leak which can sound a bit like this.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!