Notices

Thread: Weekend wet ride

1. Weekend wet ride 
    Was supposed to be camping on Exmoor Friday night but bottled it due to p*ssing rain and instead stayed in parents caravan in Charmouth and then took a looping run up through Bude and onto Bampton to catch up with the SAM/IAM die hards who did camp and then back home near Ringwood.

Friday evening ride down and Saturday morning up to Bude then on to Torrington was pretty good weather then got caught in horrendous storm, car in front pulled over as visibility was so bad but when I stopped water poured down the neck of my jacket so carried on - slowly!! Rain let up but didn't stop for the rest of the afternoon until I turned off the M5 at Taunton and by then my boots had given up their valiant struggle to keep the water out. Got home about 8pm Saturday having covered 380 miles, most of them pretty enjoyable. I don't mind riding in the wet but when visibility gets really poor it's not so much fun.

Plus points were that all my gear apart, from the boots kept the water out, PR3's performed faultlessly and the NC returned nearly 75mpg which isn't bad considering Friday evening and Saturday am miles were covered at a 'spirited' pace. Can't really complain about the boots either, Sidi Black rain, kept out the deluge up until 30 minutes of motorway which I guess was like subjecting them to a hose pipe.

Off to Wales next weekend for some proper rain ; )

Good to hear you made it safely home. Can get a bit unnerving when it's that bad!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Have to say the NC700 with DCT is a great bike for when you need to concentrate on the road and conditions rather than the bike, enough power to move along at a fair lick but not enough to worry about giving it handful at junctions, roundabouts, etc

Those downpours are tough especially as the car driving becomes random! Good ride though by the sounds of it!

Banned
    I learnt to put my jacket over my gloves on the Mowermen trip to the Isle of White on Friday. They fill with water if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    I learnt to put my jacket over my gloves on the Mowermen trip to the Isle of White on Friday. They fill with water if you don't
    Yup good tip, for me gloves always go over textiles, under leathers. I have a pair of armoured Goretex Alpinestars 365, excellent gloves.