Notices

Thread: Take care.

1. Take care. 
    Diamond Member
    Have a great weekend on what looks like being a glorious start to the summer season. If you are out and about on two wheels be extra vigilant and keep your wits about you. Encountered some death-wish drivers on the roads yesterday - the sudden rise in temperature always seems to cause irritation and frustration on the roads.

Tank of a Volvo, plundered horezontal across London Road leaving Bath, and stopped blocking all oncoming traffic, then proceeded to attempt to nudge itself out. On passing the humongous truck of a 4x4 car/jeep, it then proceeded to undertake 4 vehicles on the way towards the motorway. The lady had bent over wrists on the steering wheel, which was also slightly disconcerting...

Nothing quite like a good bent wrist I say...
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Funny as i've found the opposite lately.
    Cars have seen me coming from far back, pulled over and let me past.
    So much so that a couple of times I thought I might be getting chased by police and had a good scan around to check that the coast was clear.

Banned
    I went to Southampton in the car (took my Dad) today and didn't see many bikes on the road at all.

Coney I was going to beep my horn by the posh supermarket in Salisbury but didn't see it

Platinum Member
    I saw thirty million Harleys travelling south on the A46 Today at about 10:45.

I nodded to all but alas I can count the number that nodded back on one hand!
    Must be nice to be "Special"........

Diamond Member
    Dan, could just have been the fact that it was the main route to Weymouth on the start of a a sunny weekend. Today however, I was travelling home in the car with my wife from Rhayadar on the Builth to Abergavenny road. If you are familiar with the stretch of road you will know it is very twisty with tight bends and long sections of double white lines. I was behind three other vehicles and five powerful bikes passed us all ignoring the white lines and overtaking on two blind bends. I could not believe my eyes and could clearly see the drivers in front shaking their heads in disgust. In fact it was that dangerous that I said to my wife that I wouldn’t be surprised to see carnage further down the road. Funny enough I spotted them in my rear view mirror and was planning to pull over when I came across a wider section of road. Wales was full of bikes today
    Last edited by redken1; 18-05-14 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Funny as i've found the opposite lately.
    Cars have seen me coming from far back, pulled over and let me past.
    So much so that a couple of times I thought I might be getting chased by police and had a good scan around to check that the coast was clear.
    Not wearing a fluo jacket are you ? They work wonders on occasion..
    I only have one vice…I lie.