Notices

Thread: Nerves are the devil!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Nerves are the devil! 
    Hello, I thought I'd share my mod1 experiences with you, if only to make you feel better about your own riding ability...

On the day I took my mod 1, I woke up to find the bloody cat had vomited on my textiles and only had time to sponge them down before having to leave. Got to the training school, hadn't even got out of the car-park before I dropped the bike, really bashing my leg in the process. Already shaking I rode to the test centre.

The examiner was a nice bloke, but from the minute I rode into the compound I started shaking and sweating with nerves. Sweating so much that my glasses and helmet steamed up, my clothes were soaked and I was aware of a strong smell of cat vomit rising up from my trousers. At this point I gave up. I was convinced I couldn't possibly pass in that state and just thought I'd go through the motions and get it right next time.

I think it was that frame of mind that let me pass. When it was over I parked up and took my helmet off. My glasses flew off too and landed in the road, just as a car went by and ran them over. Miraculously the lenses weren't damaged and by dint of a very botched job I managed to gaffa tape them to my helmet to let me ride home.

I can hardly contain my excitement that something similar might happen on my mod2...
    Man has always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much...the wheel, New York, wars and so on...while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man...for precisely the same reason.

Florentine, that was amazing (and very funny).. you passed after all of that happened! I'm doing mod2 test today- reading that has given me a much needed chuckle!
    Well done for the pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Linford View Post
    Florentine, that was amazing (and very funny).. you passed after all of that happened! I'm doing mod2 test today- reading that has given me a much needed chuckle!
    Well done for the pass!
    Best of luck for today. :-)

Banned
    My neighbour takes in unwanted cats, I can have a word if you like.

Well done on the pass

Well done on the pass.

They say bird crap can be lucky guess we now add cat vomit to the list!

Whens MOD 2?

/\ /\ Love this story. Smelling of sweaty cat vomit.... class
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

took my first test in 1975, rode better than the other guy I knew , he even admitted it. He passed I failed. Tester was a known bike hater.
    re took in 1983, sat outside the test centre after being given the pre test talk. followed instructions walk the bike to turn it round and face the opposite way in the road!!!
    well with all the traffic , I waited , when clear started the bike and rode off ...
    he stopped me after 3 circuits and said that was good, BUT , I asked you to turn the bike round,
    after a few expletivesI turned the bike and did as told...
    feeling stupid, swearing to myself all the way round, finished the test.
    then told I had passed, Icouldnt believe it, he said he put it down to the traffic I had to wait for.
    must have been the nerves released as I seemed to chill after that. whats the worst I could do now...as I had failed!? I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Whens MOD 2?
    The date of Mod 2 is a closely guarded secret, just in case the cat is a lurker on this forum and decides to go in for a repeat performance...

Congrats. Are you doing it through Aubrey by any chance.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

I'm doing it with MOTAG. They've been brilliant. I have had stamina problems after an illness so they lengthened the days but built in lots of breaks. Am on first name terms with every butty wagon owner within a 50 mile radius of Salisbury....