Cheers for the advice all. My lid is slightly uncomfortable so isnt the best size for my weird head and flaps. I love the fit of Arai and shark but cant afford the price tag so I will just have to make do for a while longer. Used to have long hair and that worked well but i am lucky if grows now so that is out. Swimming cap is great idea but prone to strange looks and giggles. The plugs I am using now are the most comfortable ever and they are the ones where you buy the silicone and mould them yourself but shift when you put the helmet on and cant get them back in correctly without taking the helmet off again. Catch 22. I think I either need to go to Florida (are you paying WR6133) or go for a full balaclava and try that. Regarding the size of my ears, well you could land a dumbo on them and I have to make sure I dont run anywhere otherwise i get airborn. Love the idea of letting them hang out of precut holes but they might get cold. STAPLES made me laugh but remind me never to meet your wife Nano in case she tries. Cheers for all your advice.