As most of you will know I rarely talk about my work on here or when I'm out and about...I rarely get time to switch off from it so when I'm out with mates it's usually welcome non-work time. For those who don't know what I do as a day job, I run an IT Support company supporting businesses all over the area, and worked my way up from a junior techie straight out of uni (in 2002) to owner/MD which I became in 2010.

Anyway, I've been selected as a finalist in the Institute of Directors "South West Director of the Year" awards in the Young Director category I don't usually like blowing my own trumpet but I'm pretty proud of this - the first time I've ever had real recognition of the business stuff I do and these are very prestigious awards. There's a posh awards evening in June when the winner is announced - the south west region covers Wilts, Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, Devon & Cornwall so to be a finalist is a huge deal but means some very strong competition so I'm not expecting to win, but being a finalist is awesome.

It has been a VERY tough 4 years rescuing what was a failing company and turning it around pretty much single handedly (with support from family, friends and my awesome staff members), so I'm really happy about being a finalist

Thought I'd share...