Notices

Thread: advice needed for a newbie, swap or not to swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probably a good time to sell your 125 now, and you will get more for it privately. There are a lot of 600cc bikes out there in that price range so maybe advertise yours and have a good look around? A swap sounds convenient, but like the others say- i would expect a bit of cash to sweeten the deal.

I'd hold on to your 125. The Divvy isn't worth that.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

swop with cash but personally i would keep the 125.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbaldone View Post
    Hi all, can anyone give me a bit of advice, I am new here on this site and to Biking, done cbt 2 years ago and how I have done the full licence (thanks to Mark Able and his team), I am now wanting to step up to a bigger bike (but dont need to), i ride in all weather to work and try to get a bit in for fun as well I have see a yamaha xj600 diversion on a 1996 plate with 14000 on the clock, they have offered a straight swap for my 12 plate YBR, i have no spare cash at the momant so this is the only way i have to get a bigger bike now, or should i wait and keep my YBR for a year or 2 more and save up, any feed back on the xj or keeping YBR would be good
    thanks Gareth.
    If you are seriously thinking of getting a bigger bike Ebay is quite a good place to see the sort of prices bikes are selling for now it'll at least give you an idea of what you can expect. I reckon the Divvy owner would get a good deal

Great advice from you all as a newbie is great to have help Thank you all