Notices

Thread: Accident - Car did not check mirrors while being overtaken - Any good solicitors?

Threaded View

1. Accident - Car did not check mirrors while being overtaken - Any good solicitors? 
    Hey, last Friday I've had a motorcycle accident.

On the long straight (dotted single line) I was overtaking 3 cars, while I've already overtook the first car the middle one (The Silver Mercedes AMG) started to overtake the first car (he changed the lane very quick and without the indicator).
    I've had just 3-4 metres to brake (if not less), but it was not enough I've hit him in rear right and driver's rear side (side is confirmed by a police report).
    I've lost conscious and woke up in the ambulance. I was only told by the paramedic that I will have Police in the hospital soon (I was happy, so I could explain anything), unfortunately there was no police at the hospital.

I've gave a ring to my insurance company, but they did not want to help, because I've got the 3rd party and theft only.
    They advised I should contact Police to get the registration number of the other driver involved and they would give me the details of his insurance company, so I can give them a ring.
    I've called Police few times, but because officer was not on duty I could not get any details earlier than today. I've also received a letter from Police with details of 3rd party and his insurance. Also there is a note about his car: -damage to rear side's driver quarter (which would confirm my weak memories from the scene about hitting side).
    Except the pure details there are no information about driver's faults or what happened.

It looks that things are getting more complicated and time is passing by. It's not easy to win that case being foreigner with lack of knowledge into road, accident law and missing lots of lawyer specific words.

I would like to make a claim for my loss:
    - motorcycle,
    - motorcycle clothes/gear,
    - body injuries recompense, I've minor injuries, but my arm will need at least few months to fully recover (it was not broken, but doc said it never will be perfect) and wounds about couple of weeks to cure,
    - recompense for some medical expenses (currently only dressings, but soon antibiotics) and transportation costs to/from the hospital,

a) You reckon I should search for the local or non-local solicitor or speak to the car driver insurance company on my own?

b) Are they any great solicitors/lawyers companies on the market or in our area that deals mainly with bikers?

All the best and lookout for driver's like this on road.

BTW. I am from Trowbridge
    Last edited by Torque; 24-04-14 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Grammar