Notices

Thread: Hello all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Hello all. 
    Hello everyone, Its been a while since my last post. So thought i would re introduce myself on here. I am currently still on my cbt but am going to be doing das very soon (I hope)! I sold my last bike, which was a modified Kawasaki eliminator 125. It was extremely uncomfortable, had a odd riding position (dropped handle bars with cruiser style foot pegs), gutless, a chopped off exhaust etc. But i loved absolutely every minute of it, even the three 200 miles each way rides down to Cornwall on the a38 and a30 in strong winds and rain and the pokey 125 engine screaming at me! I cant wait to get something bigger and more comfortable. Just last week i unfortunately bought a Chinese bike which is a sukida sk125-B I read mixed reviews on them and really needed transport and still do. Yesterday i was pulling up in sainsburys on the way home and felt and heard a clunk and a then a sudden stop! The rear drum brake had completely seized. Very lucky i wasn't travelling at speed. I managed to release it and untightened it then limped home using the front brake and gears to slow me. Now i have no transport and regretting buying it. If anyone has any advice or could lend a hand then let me know what you think? Ill put some pictured it up soon. Cheers, Sonny.

It's pretty easy to get inside the drum just take the back wheel off. Where in Wiltshire are you?

Hey cheers for the reply, I will be taking it off at some point this week. Hard to know as work is full on at the mo. I live in hilperton near trowbridge, on marsh farm if you know it?

Other end of Wilts to me if you'd been closer to Tidworth I would have offered to ride up. Before you take off the wheel check it's not the cable sticking. When you get the wheel off blow out all the crap, remove the shoes wipe them down with a dry cloth and grease up the arm (check nothing is worn or broken).

There are videos on You tube that can walk you though it

That's cool, thankyou anyway. Cheers for the advise, its very much appreciated. I have a tub of copper ease, do you think this will be sufficient for the arm? Cheers.

I used LM2 on mine because I had it lying around, think you are meant to use black moly though.

Ill probably go to the bike shop sometime this week and get some. Makes sense to be sure.

Good to hear you have another bike even though it is currently off the road. Rear drum brakes are very easy to sort out as they are a basic construction with minimal fiddly bits. WR6133 has it summed up on what to do. Lets hope there is no damage to the drum itself otherwise you would need to get it skimmed but that is rare. I am in Salisbury so a bit far but Good luck and keep us up to date.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Nice to see you back sonny found this for starters hope its of some use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kPm5g9nd3pI

And another............http://youtu.be/ja6twa1OAQg