Notices

Thread: Hello all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Sonnyboy, if you have any problems freeing the arm up, drop it into me at Hiscock Engineers, I'll sort it for you. and welcome back to the forum.

And I've got copperslip grease if want any.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Hi Sonny!

Shame about the issues with the drum, that must suck

Thank you all so much for the help, lets hope i can finish work a bit earlier today so i can get back on the road. Toph, where shouts are you if i cant sort it? Cheers for the vids daddycool, will be checking those out. Its good to be back

Thanks DC..SonnyBoy,we're in Union st.. near the parish church. opposite side of the road from Challenge tyres.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Ah ha yep i know where that is, not too far at all. Cheers. I wont be back home from work until about half 7 or 8 all week, so wont be able to get the wheel off until the long weekend ahead. What are your opening hours? Cheers.

Hello Sonnyboy and welcome (back) to the club
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

So i have had the rear wheel off and had a look at the drum, i cleaned it all and greased up the arm as it was bone dry. It is all put back together now, but the brake doesn't do anything and the brake lever goes down all the way. IM guessing i need to re tension the brake but cant work out how. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :-)

After a couple of days of labour/learning, the Chinese bike seems to be running smoothly! Had the rear wheel off yesterday and tidied up the drum, greased the arm etc and now works smoothly. Today after discovering the massive oil leak yesterday, i have drained all the oil which appeared to be about a litre too much, mopped and cleaned all residual oil and replaced with correct amount and decent motorcycle oil. The engine sounds and feels like its happy to be running, which in turn makes me happy in the knowledge that i can be free to ride again. Lets hope it lasts :-)

Well done! Sounds like your all set and ready to go, good luck for smooth running!