Notices

Thread: Good Loud Biker Pubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Swan in Trowbridge were once a good night out for bikers into real ale good cider and a bit of live rock music on the odd night!!
    Anyone know if it's still the same??
    There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the pointless drama and people whom create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus on the good. Life is too damn short to be anything but happy!!
    So anyone intent to cause otherwise, do one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Loyal68 if you are new to the area Salisbury Bike Night is the closest organised thing to us http://www.clearwaysdiner.com/salisbury-bike-night/ . It's no wild party though more of a civilised meet with some food.

Unfortunately this

Doesn't exist round here.
    What a bleedin shame!!! Lol!!
    There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the pointless drama and people whom create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus on the good. Life is too damn short to be anything but happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Loyal68 if you are new to the area Salisbury Bike Night is the closest organised thing to us http://www.clearwaysdiner.com/salisbury-bike-night/ . It's no wild party though more of a civilised meet with some food.

Unfortunately this

Doesn't exist round here.
    And all we have are squaddies, time I moved to a different county

The White Swan in Trowbridge seems to still be keeping it's biker charm with live rock bands and good ale and cider!!
    Attached Images

Platinum Member
    As far as I'm aware The White Swan is the only one left. Ive been a few times (over the years)

Usually the pub at Avebury is full of bikers in the summer - and I think its more old style cider & sawdust than cream teas and canapes.

Old style pubs like that are few and far between for many reasons.
    They were invariably dirty, smelly and full of working class snobs where if the face don't fit.......

I love live music, I love good beer and I love a great atmosphere but you rarely find a pub with all 3.
    There's a pretty good pub in Chippenham called The Old road Tavern.
    They have live music a couple of times a month, guest ales and ciders but some of the locals are idiots.
    If I go in wearing work clothes. Fine.
    If I go in on the bike. Fine.
    If I go in on my way out somewhere and have the audacity to be wearing a shirt or shoes, suddenly I think I'm better than everyone else.

Platinum Member
    +1 for the White Swan in Trowbridge, live music most nights. could well be the last biker pub in wiltshire?