out in the van the other day we got caught in a speed trap. ok , our own fault but I asked a question which gave me a answer I didn't expect.
2managers I work with got caught in road works near Gloucester and in Bristol, our old landlord got caught with 2 others in Ottery St Mary. All of these got the opportunity of going on a speed awareness course. no points, no fine, no need to inform insurance.
we got caught in Wiltshire, 3 points and £100 fine, now have to inform insurance companies.

I don't agree with speeding or am trying to get out of it, BUT why , if I speed in another county would I come off better off?
the answer I got from the officer was that as Wiltshire had done away with fixed speed cameras so this is the reason for speed awareness courses , why a course for doing 60 on a motorway in roadworks when all travelling in one direction yet 40 coming out of a 40 into a 30 with no one about , whats the difference??

rant over, have to wait 3 years of insurance declarations now!! just a postcode lottery again I suppose