Notices

Thread: CBT today!!! :-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hybrid View

Day 1 of mod 1 training today On a ER6....flipping heck!! It was woo fast and so much fun.. Really pleased with my progress although I did do a drop-N-roll Off the bike whilst going around the cones can't wait for more of the same tomorrow B-)

Red Flag.....umm not quite....it was a Honda 50 step thro' Red and cream with tartan panniers.
    Bought from Hammonds in Cirencester. I was 16 and so proud

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Red Flag.....umm not quite....it was a Honda 50 step thro' Red and cream with tartan panniers.
    Bought from Hammonds in Cirencester. I was 16 and so proud
    My Mum got her Fz50 from there, in white and blue. I used to take it out whenever my DT broke down (or had no fuel)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    Well done and good luck on your DAS training! I have my CBT on friday so fingers crossed
    Good luck, every new bike rider welcomed! Don't forget the CBT is training not a test and you get a 'certificate of completion' as long as you complete it a competent manner, as long as you're sensible you will be fine. My nephew didn't get a sign-off first time though as he actually went through a read light but then he is a dipstick!!!

A long. long time since I took my bike test and any advice I gave you about that probably wouldn't be worth taking any notice of, the same as a couple of others commented on here, examiner was on foot and as long as you were half competent then you would pass, bit like a CBT but on a 100mph 250cc bike and without the wobbling around cones bit!
    Two years ago took my IAM Advanced Riding test and even though that was pretty straightforward there are a few tips from that may be useful;
    i) always observe the speed limit, even on 'ped it's not impossible to find yourself exceeding 30mph
    ii) make sure you exaggerate the mirror checks so that the trainer sees you making them, even think about positioning your mirrors so that you have to move your head slightly to see in them correctly
    ii) be smooooooth, braking, accelerating (less so on a 'ped) and cornering all better in smooth action

bought my brand new Puch Sport from Pete Hammond a 'cough' few years ago Helped me with scrambling stuff/info too

It isn't Hammonds that own it now but they retained the name
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!