Notices

Thread: CBT today!!! :-)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    I remember having locked arms on cbt too!
    Thanks Napalm...I'm glad it wasn't just me then!! I think the instructors could make a lot of money out of me if they video my training and sent it to you've been framed!!

Hahaha no I didn't, however my instructor kinda Sussed I liked speed and we went for a drag race up on wroughton airfield, I was on a Kwak ER650, him on a bandit 1200, suffice to say I lost......... But I think he told the examiner I was a speed freak, my test consisted of a maximum speed of 50 whole MPH, the rest was all 30 through residential. Confidence is key, I was lucky that I've ridden bikes a long time, so was just a case of riding them "correctly" for the purpose of obtaining my licence. But trust me there is no better feeling than having that piece of paper that says you can now ride a big bike legally. Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine, just look at the people on here lol, I'm sure they all have stories to tell about there riding and how they came to get their licence.
    "look busy......... Jesus is watching you" !!!

I can now see how twisting that throttle could turn into a addiction T.J.

My car test was in Bridgend and my passenger cried off at the very last moment. I drove alone from Bristol at speeds of up to 85 mph on the road of death. The M4 ended E of Cardiff at that time. Then there was a 3 lane road - 1 lane east, 1 lane west and a middle one for whoever got there first.
    I was on a huge adrenalin rush and had smoked about 10 cigarettes en route.
    Stalled 3 times trying to get out of the test centre car park as knees were shaking like hell. Passed !
    Last edited by Burbler; 05-04-14 at 01:54 PM.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Hang on in there Buddy.. It's all worth it in the end.. I picked up an NC30 years ago for a mate.. He saw it advertised and hadn't passed his test.. I did the test ride and loved it.. Even if I was like a spider in a match box (far too tall for it..lol).. Changing direction by putting weight on the foot peg.. What a cracking little bike.. Press On my way! .get the test over and go earn some smiles...

Diamond Member
    Have fun, & good luck for today :-)
    Gerry

As more seasoned rider.. Or just old!! Not sure !! My test on a 250 triumph trailblazer involved riding around a left hand circuit as described by the examiner whilst he watched out of sight then a right hand one.. After which he said he'd be hiding somewhere on route and step out in front of me and I was to do and emergency stop.. I turned at a junction and saw his legs sticking out of the bottom of a thick hedge..sorted!! A few questions on the Highway Code and Bobs your uncle..

Oh... And to add to the story.. I rode minus "L" plates into Chester.. Went to the AA shop got the cover note for my other bike which I'd been lovingly doing up.. Rode home..sold the Trailblazer to a guy down the road.. And wheeled out the Bonnie.. And road it to the post office to Tax it.. Never looked back!!! .... Mmm wish I had it now..it would be worth more than the £30 I paid for it..

Thanks guys..I guess you all have your stories of learning and passing..all of which makes have been helpful..and amusing too!! This mornings ride with the instructor was awesome!! And we even got up to the dizzy speed of 50 mph along the cepen park south bypass..I felt like Barry Sheen! :-)
    I'm still pretty **** at u turns and low speed manouvers..but I have my certificate now! And On Wednesday mod1 training starts....

Talk about jumping in at the deep end
    Thanks for all the comments biker buddies

Well done, keep up the good work
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”