Notices

Thread: CBT today!!! :-)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Well done and good luck on your DAS training! I have my CBT on friday so fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    fingers crossed
    Thing is it'll be really hard to hold the bars with your fingers crossed

Well done and good luck on your DAS training! I have my CBT on friday so fingers crossed
    I can't give you much advice being a 'rookie' myself - other than relax your arms (that was easier said than done with me!) and enjoy the day - it's brilliant!!

good luck! :-)

To to be fair my next few days will be consisting of praying for no rain

thanks Linford!

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Thing is it'll be really hard to hold the bars with your fingers crossed

Like Sins I did not have to face any of the modern-day trauma.
    Got a 250 2-stroke when I was 16 and booked first available test. Waddled round a road course, answered a few HC questions and Bob was my uncle. Chopped it in a month later for an old 500 Norton Domi...

4177325.jpg
    I only have one vice…I lie.

To to be fair my next few days will be consisting of praying for no rain
    Forecast is on your side . School should offer you waterproofs anyway if you don't have your own, bit of water ain't bad though best get used to it in Britain!

Good luck, every new bike rider welcomed! Don't forget the CBT is training not a test and you get a 'certificate of completion' as long as you complete it a competent manner, as long as you're sensible you will be fine. My nephew didn't get a sign-off first time though as he actually went through a read light but then he is a dipstick!!!

A long. long time since I took my bike test and any advice I gave you about that probably wouldn't be worth taking any notice of, the same as a couple of others commented on here, examiner was on foot and as long as you were half competent then you would pass, bit like a CBT but on a 100mph 250cc bike and without the wobbling around cones bit!
    Two years ago took my IAM Advanced Riding test and even though that was pretty straightforward there are a few tips from that may be useful;
    i) always observe the speed limit, even on 'ped it's not impossible to find yourself exceeding 30mph
    ii) make sure you exaggerate the mirror checks so that the trainer sees you making them, even think about positioning your mirrors so that you have to move your head slightly to see in them correctly
    ii) be smooooooth, braking, accelerating (less so on a 'ped) and cornering all better in smooth action

Congrats on the pass, I too took my test a long long time ago, did it without mirrors and indicators, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I too took my test a long long time ago, did it without mirrors and indicators, that was fun.
    Ha ha, yeah indeed. Almost forgotten swivelling 180 deg looking behind and all hand signals.
    Now, this might hurt...my first petrol was bought at the eqivalent of 24.5p per GALLON, i.e. about 6p per litre. And NO speed limit once past the black diagonal stripe sign.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

My first bike I used to be able to Fill up for 50p !!!!