Notices

Thread: CBT today!!! :-)

Hybrid View

Hang on in there Buddy.. It's all worth it in the end.. I picked up an NC30 years ago for a mate.. He saw it advertised and hadn't passed his test.. I did the test ride and loved it.. Even if I was like a spider in a match box (far too tall for it..lol).. Changing direction by putting weight on the foot peg.. What a cracking little bike.. Press On my way! .get the test over and go earn some smiles...

As more seasoned rider.. Or just old!! Not sure !! My test on a 250 triumph trailblazer involved riding around a left hand circuit as described by the examiner whilst he watched out of sight then a right hand one.. After which he said he'd be hiding somewhere on route and step out in front of me and I was to do and emergency stop.. I turned at a junction and saw his legs sticking out of the bottom of a thick hedge..sorted!! A few questions on the Highway Code and Bobs your uncle..

Oh... And to add to the story.. I rode minus "L" plates into Chester.. Went to the AA shop got the cover note for my other bike which I'd been lovingly doing up.. Rode home..sold the Trailblazer to a guy down the road.. And wheeled out the Bonnie.. And road it to the post office to Tax it.. Never looked back!!! .... Mmm wish I had it now..it would be worth more than the £30 I paid for it..

Congrats on the pass, I too took my test a long long time ago, did it without mirrors and indicators, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I too took my test a long long time ago, did it without mirrors and indicators, that was fun.
    Ha ha, yeah indeed. Almost forgotten swivelling 180 deg looking behind and all hand signals.
    Now, this might hurt...my first petrol was bought at the eqivalent of 24.5p per GALLON, i.e. about 6p per litre. And NO speed limit once past the black diagonal stripe sign.
    I only have one vice…I lie.