Notices

Thread: Hi From Everleigh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Last time I went to the Ram was 2009 the night before I became a civvy! That said apparently it has new managers now and is trying to "reinvent" as less of a dump/meat market. Best view of Tidworth truly is in the rear view mirror!

Not to totally put off whynot ..... there are some lovely roads around this area for aimlessly riding bikes around, my absolute favourite is to turn at the Crown in Everleigh and head toward Netheravon then through to Bulford.
    My favourite road at the moment is the single tracks road from Everleigh to Collingbourne Ducis, that's excellent in a car, looking forward to it on a bike!

There's loads of good bike nights with great roads.. Wednesday night at the Pub in Avebury with a blast to The Barge At Honey Street.. Thursday the vale of the white horse in Minety.. Loads for you to try once your up and running..welcome to life on two wheels..

Hello and welcome
    2001 triumph speed triple 955i

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    My favourite road at the moment is the single tracks road from Everleigh to Collingbourne Ducis, that's excellent in a car, looking forward to it on a bike!
    Err yes, that's a good one - mostly, but watch the gravel and blind rises!

Morning, plenty of us 'girls' on the site some of us older and not so wiser. My mum keeps asking me when I'm going to become 'a responsible adult' !!! I'm 53

Banned
    Hello

Hello and welcome to the clan. Plenty of different bikes on here so you should get some good advice on the bike you eventually buy.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

Ahem, sorry - I should have said ladies My mum is doing her license too and she is of similar age, I know that she will never be responsible though I on the other hand am having a 1/4 life crisis, so far I have been far to responsible!

I guess I need to start watching out for things like gravel, I'm sure I'll learn quickly though, especially on the roads around here.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys, any advice on a first bike that's 600cc would be greatly appreciated, there's just so much to choose from out there and its difficult when you don't know what your looking for Budget anywhere up to £3.5k

Anyway, I'm hugely looking forward to window shopping in Swindon at the weekend, although I cant be sure I wont come back with a temporary driveway ornament!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post

Thank you for the warm welcome guys, any advice on a first bike that's 600cc would be greatly appreciated, there's just so much to choose from out there and its difficult when you don't know what your looking for Budget anywhere up to £3.5k
    You'll find stuff you click with when window shopping, budget is big enough that private sale you can buy almost anything within reason. I'd buy a cheap naked though for around a grand of your budget, use it for a year build some no claims, figure out what you like and make any newbie mistakes on something cheap to fix (plastic fairings cost a lot to replace when cracked). End of a year punt it on for no or little loss then go buy what you really want with the ability to make a more informed choice and a years no claims to lower insurance on something fancier.

That said you only live once so if you want a litre GSXR as your first bike go for it!

I really wouldn't buy anything this weekend though just window shop until you have your licence in the bag, if for no reason other than your DAS course and bike may give you some idea of what you like/dislike. Big sale at mega motorcycle store is a good chance to grab your gear cheap on Saturday though (and means you won't have to wear filthy old school kit on your course).

welcome to the group
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.