Notices

Thread: Wikileaks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Wikileaks 
    Have all the lies,deceit and cover ups gone away or are there just more distractions created to put people off the scent?

http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_assa...eeds_wikileaks

Just to point out before the inevitable conspiracy theorists of the group chime in. This article/video was published in July 2010, and a considerable amount has changed since then!

Never let fact stand in the way of a chance to blame the government for something Dave! Shame on you
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Banned
    We all know that the governments love us and only have our very best interests at heart

Diamond Member
    Although I’m not a conspiracy theorist per se, I would certainly class myself as a doubter who tends to assess each issue/case on its own merit rationally before passing judgement. People are not born conspiracy theorists or doubters – cynical attitudes are so prevalent in society today because in the past, so many of those in positions of trust in public life have either conspired in cover-ups, lied or manipulated stats/facts to further their own interests, agendas or policies. This is especially true of successive governments and this point could not be illustrated with more clarity than in the case of why so many of our brave young men and women died in Iraq. Let us not forget why we invaded the gulf state and former PM Blair’s claim in his government’s ‘sexed up’ dossier, that, Saddam Hussein had continued to produce WMDs “beyond doubt”. Moreover, I believe we should always question, challenge the way in which alleged facts are selected (cherry-picked) and presented by politicians of all political persuasions. Allow me to elaborate by pretending to be the Downing Street Press Officer issuing the two following hypothetical press releases. 1“Three Million landlords in the UK are in receipt of housing benefit and that can not continue. To tackle this, the government unveiled plans to embark on a staged building programme to construct affordable housing.” 2“Three Million unemployed in the UK are claiming housing benefit and that can not continue. To tackle this, the government unveiled plans to cap the amount of housing benefits paid out.” Apart from the figure (I just plucked it out of the air), both of the first sentences are factual. Selection of course depends solely on the political agenda of the government of the day.
    Last edited by redken1; 27-03-14 at 12:45 PM.

I don't think they even try to dress up the BS as truth any more, it's so blatantly obvious the authorities are lying to us all you'd need to be retarded not to see thru their lies.

They've managed to get a huge proportion of our society to be dumbed down enough not to care so long as theirs knockers on page 3, soaps on TV and football for the "sports" fans, give them that, throw in some reality TV and they're happy in their ignorance and apathy as these people would never read something worthwhile even if they did have the attention span!

It makes me sick.
    www.hellsangelsnomads.co.uk
    Strength & Honour

Quote Originally Posted by 81-Nomad View Post
    I don't think they even try to dress up the BS as truth any more, it's so blatantly obvious the authorities are lying to us all you'd need to be retarded not to see thru their lies.

They've managed to get a huge proportion of our society to be dumbed down enough not to care so long as theirs knockers on page 3, soaps on TV and football for the "sports" fans, give them that, throw in some reality TV and they're happy in their ignorance and apathy as these people would never read something worthwhile even if they did have the attention span!

It makes me sick.
    Well put and you have my total agreement. It aint new though, but who has the nous and guts to oppose it all ?
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Well put and you have my total agreement. It aint new though, but who has the nous and guts to oppose it all ?
    You should ask who has the guns to oppose it because that's where political change comes from and the answer is nobody as the public willingly begged the authorities to disarm them in 1987 and 1996.

Banned
    They are in the process of trying to disarm America as we speak

Last edited by Swanny; 28-04-14 at 07:56 PM.

Diamond Member
    It is the will of the people and not guns which bring down leaders and governments. Margaret Thatcher being a classic case in point
    Mass civil disobedience is a far more powerful tool.