Notices

Thread: Somerset Arms... NEW biker hotspot?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    Trev, 45 mins??? Have you moved. thought you were ringwood area? Please dont tell me you have also moved to trowbridge area as I am losing most possible riding partners to the dark side of the world.
    It's heart warming to know I might be missed even though not actually managed to catch up on a ride out ; )

No not moved, still 5 mins from Ringwood but I work in Blandford and, providing I can find it, Semington looks about 45 mins away. Now your bike is fixed we must catch up for a ride out, weekends best for me. I get out most weekends - 160 miles week before last (rare pillion trip for the wife) Dorchester, Bridport, Chard, Gillingham and home, bit less last weekend - Romsey to Mere and zig zag route back. Prefer Sundays but can do Saturdays if nothing else on, given the lighter evenings perhaps a catch up in Salisbury somewhere during the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    It's heart warming to know I might be missed even though not actually managed to catch up on a ride out ; )

No not moved, still 5 mins from Ringwood but I work in Blandford and, providing I can find it, Semington looks about 45 mins away. Now your bike is fixed we must catch up for a ride out, weekends best for me. I get out most weekends - 160 miles week before last (rare pillion trip for the wife) Dorchester, Bridport, Chard, Gillingham and home, bit less last weekend - Romsey to Mere and zig zag route back. Prefer Sundays but can do Saturdays if nothing else on, given the lighter evenings perhaps a catch up in Salisbury somewhere during the week?
    Ringwood to Semington is a bit more than 45 minutes, I'd say more like an hour and 1/2 but a lovely ride and the Somerset Arms certainly used to be a really nice pub havent been for a few years though.

Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    Ringwood to Semington is a bit more than 45 minutes, I'd say more like an hour and 1/2 but a lovely ride and the Somerset Arms certainly used to be a really nice pub havent been for a few years though.
    Thanks QB, used to have a mate who lived just outside Devizes and always reckoned on an hour from his back to mine but may be rose tinted memory or just that my riding is now a bit better/safer!

A Very short ride from Melksham to Semington.....
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MelkshamKwak View Post
    A Very short ride from Melksham to Semington.....
    For me too, haven't been there for a number of years,probably since they changed the road lay out,

if the weather is nice ,i'll pop in,can we get tea ?

Banned
    Hi Lindsey do you do veggi burgers??

Evening Lyndsey.....hope all goes to plan with bike night

Hi and welcome to WB .... Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Hello and welcome, I can't make the normal meet on Wednesday nights so this would be ideal. If not then we are often out on a weekend.

Hi All!!

Thanks for all of the response I hope to see you all soon! your more than welcome to come by for lunch or tea any day but obviously Tuesday will be the night with the Chilli and Curry deal.

I can cater for veggies so no problem there and we are situated in a pretty idylic location so hopefully the ride for you all will be a pleasant one :-)

Really want to make these nights successful so your support is appreciated!

Thanks again
    Lindsey