Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Coucil get something right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maybe.....just maybe they're finally getting the worst of the roads done. my commute from warminster to Salisbury has been made better as they've resurfaced that whole horrible pot hole filled section between stapleford and stoford!
    makes riding those bends a joy again!!!
    your stunned silence is comforting!

Platinum Member
    Victoria Road in Trowbridge is a prime example.
    It has seem more Tarmac repairs than the M1.
    Lots of very expensive houses (£340k plus) and it seems to get repaired when an acorn drops from a tree and causes a small dink in the surface. George Orwells prophecy about "Some being more equal than others" from Animal Farm is being dramatised in the real world..................

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpete View Post
    maybe.....just maybe they're finally getting the worst of the roads done. my commute from warminster to Salisbury has been made better as they've resurfaced that whole horrible pot hole filled section between stapleford and stoford!
    makes riding those bends a joy again!!!
    I sorted that for you - I spoke to the Highways Agency back in November about it - saying it was a death trap for Bikers as it stood.
    After emailing them about 5 times - I phoned them direct and requested that they did something about it.
    At that time I was travelling from Trowbridge to Salisbury & Andover on a regular basis and I wouldn't take no for an answer!
    Glad it's been done now

I was out cycling last night, took my hand off of the bars to signal right, hit a series of pot holes and only just managed to stay on.
    I was doing around 25mph and if I hadn't been on a MTB I would've definitely gone down.
    I hope they fix the roads soon.
    Chippenham council have just admitted they "borrowed" £75000 of donation money earmarked for a children's splash pool for their own projects and now have to find a way of giving it back.
    I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    I sorted that for you - I spoke to the Highways Agency back in November about it - saying it was a death trap for Bikers as it stood.
    After emailing them about 5 times - I phoned them direct and requested that they did something about it.
    At that time I was travelling from Trowbridge to Salisbury & Andover on a regular basis and I wouldn't take no for an answer!
    Glad it's been done now
    thankyou.
    your stunned silence is comforting!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I was out cycling last night, took my hand off of the bars to signal right, hit a series of pot holes and only just managed to stay on.
    I was doing around 25mph and if I hadn't been on a MTB I would've definitely gone down.
    I hope they fix the roads soon.
    Chippenham council have just admitted they "borrowed" £75000 of donation money earmarked for a children's splash pool for their own projects and now have to find a way of giving it back.
    I won't hold my breath.
    Ride on the pavements, that's what I do