Quote Originally Posted by Senna(Dan) View Post
Rob,

I took one of these on a test ride in 2012 just before I bought the F4, the power is unbelievable and especially if you get given the RED key. That is full power and not good for you licence.

It was an epic machine but too much power to rein in as it just encourages to go faster and faster, I went for the F4 because 140BHP is more than enough to get you in trouble. I preferred the riding position of the F4 and couldn't get on with the ergonomics of the the RR, I am sure with some fettling it would be perfect but my 2 hour test ride didn't allow it. The guys at Oxford BMW are a good bunch, my next door neighbor works for the MINI side of that garage.

Just take it very steady and try as many types of road as you can, there are a few great roads near Oxford but if you never ridden them it is not a great idea to try them if you are unfamiliar with them. Above all enjoy it mate.

Dream bikes can be a double edged sword, but luckily I fell in love with the F4 as soon as I rode it. The looks it gets are amazing, tends to get all the attention.
Thanks for the advice Dan. I realise that the BMW is a brutal machine, and the test ride may very well terrify me so much that it puts me off the bike!

I think I'm going to have all the rider aids on and set to max. I believe the traction control at the highest setting limits the power a bit? At the moment, for my first test ride I'm not overly interested in the power of the bike, I want to see what the riding position and handling is like as I've never been out on a sportsbike.

I've never been to Oxford so was wondering where to go for my test ride, and how long I'd be allowed out for? I had a quick look on Google maps, I was thinking of going north up the A44 and then off to some country roads?