Sorry to dig up an old thread but having been I thought I'd report on the place.

Food is very good. Wife had the burger and chips which was the best burger I have tasted in a long time, portion was pretty generous too. I went with Ham, eggs and Chips again nice though maybe a little stingy on the chips (I wished I'd ordered the burger). Pricing was ok too at £9 for the burger and £8 for the ham, seeing as many local cafes demand near £7 for a mid sized badly made fry up I think they priced well enough. Wife had a chocolate brownie with fudge ice cream for dessert which was presented on the plate in a way you'd expect from a fancy restaurant not a country pub, it tasted awesome too.

Drink, I was riding so on the Pepsi and the Mrs didn't indulge. For soft drinks I thought their prices were a bit mental, £3 for a pint of Pepsi. If you like your ale they are a Wadworth pub so I didn't see much beyond that on the taps when it came to ale.

Pub itself is very pleasant, a bar area and a restaurant area. All nice and light and reasonably decorated. Music was soppy old chick tunes. The couple running it are polite and welcoming. Huge sunny beer garden with a decent size kids playground and nice views. Car park to the rear the solid area is small the main part is a thick layer of chunky gravel that is a nightmare for bikes and requires something to bung under your side stand. There is room to the front of the pub where you could park a few bikes though.

I'd say a great place to take a loved one or meet up with friends for a drink/bite to eat. Probably not somewhere to include in a beer soaked rally of Wiltshire though (the pubs décor makes it obvious they don't get wild once the sun drops). Good roads around we had a pleasant ride to Marlborough after.