Notices

Thread: New Pillion-tips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Sports bike pillion is never going to comfortable, the footpegs are usually set quite high and the seat tiny. Its more of a nod at a pillion, not really for long distances.
    Funny you say that Wes..yeah you are right but you know I recently got an MV which is deemed a supersport and only a little pillion seat ...

..well my gf reckons it is more comfy and her legs are not as bent/ uncomfortable on the MV as on the Thunderace which is a sportier tourer...see I wouldn't have thought that by looking at the pillion foot pegs
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Funny you say that Wes..yeah you are right but you know I recently got an MV which is deemed a supersport and only a little pillion seat ...

..well my gf reckons it is more comfy and her legs are not as bent/ uncomfortable on the MV as on the Thunderace which is a sportier tourer...see I wouldn't have thought that by looking at the pillion foot pegs
    I reckon it is not the bike but rather how tall the pillion is. Obviously the taller the worse.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Yeah Coney that is right but was saying that my gf finds the sport bike more comfy.... she don't get taller and shorter swapping bikes hahhaaha
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

You might check how much room you have in whatever trousers you usually wear. If you're sitting with your knees high and the bend at your hip is quite sharp you might be compressing your femoral artery by the crease in the top of your thigh. (I mean in the trousers obviously! I mean I've never seen the tops of your thigh so I have no idea how creased they might be!!)

Platinum Member
    Ive gotta share this on this thread.
    I have a mate who is 6ft 5" and about 24 stone.
    He rides a Pan and he is so big that the he dwarfs the bike enveloping it because he is such a mountain.
    When you see him travelling down the road all you see is him travelling on two wheels at 40mph
    - It's quite a site as it looks like he's on a 125 !!!