Notices

Thread: New Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MT-07 & MT-09 have been made to a budget. Someone said previously on here why have an MT-07 when you can have an 09. Why have either when you can buy a decent lower mileage daddy of them all the MT-01 for less money? Better built with definitely more presence.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbo View Post
    Yeah, can confirm, £5200 and £400 extra for the ABS model. Seems a great buy compared with the MT 09. Think Yam will sell shedloads of MT 07's for that money.
    £5600 for the ABS model sounds like a steal, I have an MT-03 (someone had to buy them!) and like the styling of these two although the 07 & 09 don't seem as radical as bike styling has moved on a bit since the 03 was released. Hopefully they'll be as poor a seller as the 03 so I can pick up a bargain MT-07 in a couple of years time ; ) Somehow I don't think they will be as have created quite a stir

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb View Post
    MT-07 & MT-09 have been made to a budget. Someone said previously on here why have an MT-07 when you can have an 09. Why have either when you can buy a decent lower mileage daddy of them all the MT-01 for less money? Better built with definitely more presence.
    Do agree, the 07 & 09 are as much a reaction to market needs - low cost, move away from sportsbikes as anything else whereas the 01 was an attempt to do something quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Hopefully they'll be as poor a seller as the 03 so I can pick up a bargain MT-07 in a couple of years time ; ) Somehow I don't think they will be as have created quite a stir
    I'd bet they sell these in quantity to A2 holders who plan on (admitting to) taking the restrictors out when they can get their A, but will infact decide then to get something bigger on getting A so you will see plenty going cheap 2nd hand in a couple of years.