Notices

Thread: New Yamaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. New Yamaha 
    Diamond Member
    The launch of the much anticipated new model MT-07 last week. Getting top reviews. Should be in showrooms within the next couple of weeks. What do you reckon?

Banned

Looks nice but you might as well go for the MT-09

2014 Yamaha MT 07 Price £6,799
    MT-09 £6900

Last edited by Swanny; 22-02-14 at 06:58 PM.

Diamond Member
    Not sure where you found that price for the new bike Swanny. Yamaha are quoting £5200 for the non-ABS model of the MT-09's little sibling. If you are on a budget ( £1700 less is a lot of cash), have no desire for the extra HP and looking for a far superior return on MPG then the 7 would be your choice. Looks very similar to the 9 and I like the fact that the bike is fitted with the same 180 section rear tyre.
    Last edited by redken1; 22-02-14 at 08:48 PM.

Makes no odds to me as cant afford either but why would the 07 have wavy discs but the 09 has bog standard. They look very nice though but think the front light section is a little raw and low and dont like the exposed top bit.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Agree with you their conehead, that is one of the smallest headlights I have ever seen.

For any decent screen you are going to have to turn the front into a monster. I do like the addition of the wavy discs to the MT-07 though, maybe manufacturers are finally taking the hint.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

I think it's meant to appeal to A2 licence holders. At 75 BHp it can be restricted, (the MT-09 can't at 115BHp), you can even order it with restrictor fitted.

Personally I think the headlight is weird and the rear light/indicator/plate holder looks awful, like a tacked on after thought.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Not sure where you found that price for the new bike Swanny. Yamaha are quoting £5200 for the non-ABS model of the MT-09's little sibling. If you are on a budget ( £1700 less is a lot of cash), have no desire for the extra HP and looking for a far superior return on MPG then the 7 would be your choice. Looks very similar to the 9 and I like the fact that the bike is fitted with the same 180 section rear tyre.
    Yeah, can confirm, £5200 and £400 extra for the ABS model. Seems a great buy compared with the MT 09. Think Yam will sell shedloads of MT 07's for that money.

My mate is looking at getting one as his first bike. Reviews seem very good and better than the 09 which got panned for its nadgery throttle response. Sounds very basic but perfect for a noob. He wanted the 09 but the reviews put him off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I think it's meant to appeal to A2 licence holders. At 75 BHp it can be restricted, (the MT-09 can't at 115BHp), you can even order it with restrictor fitted.

Personally I think the headlight is weird and the rear light/indicator/plate holder looks awful, like a tacked on after thought.
    Ah I forgot about the licensing nonsense and the price gap is bigger than I found last night. Makes sense now

MT-09 will look great when they finish it.