Notices

Thread: What tyres for a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic? And where from?

1. What tyres for a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic? And where from? 
    Help please .... What tyres should I put on my Kawasaki Vulcan VN900C? Front are currently Dunlop D404 (130/90 x 16)and the rear are Dunlop D404 (180/70 x 16). I'm after some long lasting cruising tyres with excellent WET grip. I've heard that Michelin Pilot Road 3 are great , but I don't see them in my size.

Secondly, I live in Chippenham. Can anyone recommend a good tyre supplier and fitter?

Any advice much appreciated! Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

pm sent

In the 6 years I've had the Bonny Always had Metzeler front and back never really saw any point in trying anything else . Get around 9000 miles on the back and around 12000 on the front and they seem to do the job very well

Thanks Daddy Cool and Wheelers for your advice .... much appreciated ! Richard

Banned
    I have Bridgestone BT30's on mine, they last well and have amazing grip. I use Carsons in Melksham http://www.rideinrideout.co.uk/

I use Keith Goldsmith at Mastertec. He can get you any tyre you want or if you've bought them yourself, he'll fit them. http://www.master-tec.biz/

Platinum Member
    Try Challenge in Chippenham (Yes they do bike tyres - and should be able to get anything you want)
    I am on PR 3's and they are amazing. (I had a full set of 120/70/17 and 180/70/17 for £248.40)

Thanks also to Swanny, Wiltshire Builders and Rabb! After some deliberation I settled for the Dunlop 404s and bought them from Wheelers and had Charlie Wheeler fit them. Full credit to Charles for a nice professional job. My word, what a Bas***d it is to fit these tyres to a Kawasaki Vulcan. I'm not sure which is more difficult .... removing the rear wheel from a Vulcan or grinding the valves of a BSA A10 .... both require the removal of the exhausts! . Richard