Notices

Thread: Knights on two wheels

1. Knights on two wheels 
    Thanks to the two bikers who stopped to assist my Wife after she fell over and injured herself whilst jogging near Devizes.
    One stopped and after checking she was ok, rode to my home to let me know about the accident and where she was so I could collect her.
    The other stopped as this was happening and waited with her until we arrived back.

I don't know if you guys are members, one of you rode a yellow scooter, not sure about the other chap.
    Anyway if you are thanks for stopping to assist, my Wife is fine apart from a few cuts and bruises.

Good to know Bikers are still the Knights of the road!

Good to hear she is ok. I like to think any one of us would have done similar.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Any one of us bikers. Nobody in a car stopped and there would have been many more of them passing.
    Reminds me of last year riding with mates in Wales. One of us broke down, a local biker stopped, went home and got his tools and came back and helped us fix the bike.
    How many driving a car would do that if they saw a car at the side of the road?
    I'm not anti car because i drive as well, but it does show how more involved we are in what happens around us when on a bike.

Reminds me of the time I took a bike out for a test drive when I was looking to buy my first bike. It totally conked out on a roundabout in Swindon, and I pushed it past the roundabout and phoned the dealer for some help. While I was waiting, some guy on a 1000cc Aprilia stopped to help me and figured out what the problem was and fixed it then and there! No idea who he was, but he really helped me out!

Reminds me of these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7efWmFSroo

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1cWEzX_-os

Nice to know bikers will stop to help strangers
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

I was working in Swindon this morning and saw the traffic was heavily backed up on Ferndale road. The cause was a 50 something woman broken down and attempting to push her car out of the way.
    I ran past maybe 10 other men to help her. The car directly behind her was even getting arsey at having to wait. A quick punch on the bonnet and a "don't just sit there, f*cking help her" and he reluctantly did.

The worst part was how shaken up she was.
    "It just stopped and they all started beeping. I tried to push it but wasn't strong enough"

I don't believe it's a "Biker thing". I think it's just a "some people are a*sholes" thing.

Yeah we got wet and I was in a rush but this was someones wife/mother/sister.
    If we only looked after the person next to us life would be so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post

I don't believe it's a "Biker thing". I think it's just a "some people are a*sholes" thing.
    I agree with this. Definitely a person thing not a biker thing. When I broke down by Thruxton race track and pushed my bike all the way back to Tidworth not a single biker stopped (and there were many it was a sunny day) infact a few gave me the finger as they passed, however some guy in a car stopped offered to help me fix it and when he saw it wasn't roadside fixable gave me some water and offered to run me home to get my toolkit.