Notices

Thread: Fairplay to Wiltshire Constabulary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Fairplay to Wiltshire Constabulary 
    Proper shock-and-awe operation, kicking drug dealers where it hurts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-25946126
    Last edited by pilninggas; 29-01-14 at 11:07 PM.

Someone else will fill the void ...
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Looked like a good operation - I follow a few of the PCs and Sargents on twitter and they were posting some impressive stats and photos (after, not during)
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Well impressed they just need to keep it up with regular hits on the dealers. None of us with children/grandchildren want this stuff on our streets.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    Someone else will fill the void ...
    But that's more down to the lack of justice, rather than policing. Here in Bristol, it causes real disruption when A&S do one of these ops. Make the dealers lives a misery - that's what they do to people and communities.

Superintendent Gavin Williams is an old customer of mine.
    He used to have a 'drugs torch' when he was a sgt.
    He'd tell a stopped suspect that if he shone it at them and the red light came on he'd know they were carrying.
    More often than not they'd admit it and take the fixed penalty. 😄

Why haven't plod been keeping these dealers under the cosh on a daily/weekly basis...they know who they are.'''or should do.

This is shocking that plod has allowed, thru inactivity, the numbers involved in 'the drugs trade' !!!!..wtf!!! to escalate to involve 70 properties and which must equate to over 100 dealer/users and then arrest 45 !!!!...wonder how many will be released without further action ?

Questions need to be asked as to why this is the case and what has plod been upto over the years to attempt to prevent the escalation of the 'drug trade' ?

Better late than never I guess

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Col; 31-01-14 at 10:53 PM.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Col

Most of the dealers are very streetwise and know the law extremely well. It is very rare to stop a dealer in the street and find them carrying a large stash of heroin or cocaine. The amounts they carry would amount to personal use and therefore the punishments they get mediocre and not a deterrent. Therefore the 'long game' has to be played. I can't go into detail about the tactics, however suffice to say its about gathering enough evidence to prove supply or possession with intent to supply. This has the knock on effect of also allowing the police to seize their 'assests' (ill gotten gains) under the proceeds of crime act. Obviously at the time the evidence gathering part of the operation is going on, everything is kept hush hush.

About 6 years ago when I worked in Southampton a large drugs operation was carried out. It was 18-20 months of evidence gathering, and then planning. Over 50 dealers were convicted, and sentenced to various terms of imprisonment and large sums of money and assets being confiscated. For a long period of time it looked to the locals that the police were doing nothing, when in fact there was a lot going on in the background.

Thank You DaytonaDog.

Seems quite obvious the 'law' needs some tweaking to enable easier prosecution and allow huge penalties to be imposed on those who have any amounts even those with amounts now deemed for 'personal use'[wtf!!!] ........... too much pussy footing around leaves too many loopholes exposed to be taken advantage of by the real money makers/dealers/importers........possibly ????

Why are these criminals are allowed to 'ply their trade' for months/years without too much hindrance from the State and they then have time to conceal assets, methods of supply, etc.

Read somewhere that it is generally believed that the 'battle' against drugs is lost anyway.....

......sell the crap at Boots or your local supermarket....

.......druggies terminate themselves...

....the State save a fortune in prevention/ prosecution costs and eventually the 'drug trade' would fold as 'joe turkey' witnesses mass death and they wake up to the fact that drugs use is not such a good idea for a healthy, long lived life so that eventually nobody actually buys the stuff.

p.s. no free NHS care is to be made available either............this will further dissuade 'users'

Harsh??? some may argue..............possibly....but very effective eventually

a result !!!! indeed

Oh No!!!! I can hear the bleeding heart liberals 'let them be' brigade already poised to plead the druggies and suppliers rights
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Killer Rat
    Last edited by Killer Rat; 27-02-14 at 04:15 PM.