Notices

Thread: Backhanded Compliment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Result, glad he enjoyed it theres a few mx tracks dotted around, pay on the day sort of thing, with paramedic support, but he would need to have all the right equipment and a bike!
    My youngest has a 50cc twist and go mini moto which he rides on a patch of rough ground, maybe something like that may be worth a try

When I was about 6 years old my uncle took me out for a ride on his brand new 500 AJS (yes I'm that old). I loosened my grip on his jacket when he pulled up at the traffic lights at the bottom of my road. When he accelerated away from the lights I shot off the back and and landed on my arse. I can remember the two blokes in the van behind me pissing themselves. That was my very first experience on a bike and the reason I hate riding either as a pillion or with one.
    Last edited by RoadRocket; 29-01-14 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I say the same after most rideouts
    very good, I get some rides like that as well

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRocket View Post
    When I was about 6 years old my uncle took me out for a ride on his brand new 500 AJS (yes I'm that old). I loosened my grip on his jacket when he pulled up at the traffic lights at the bottom of my road. When he accelerated away from the lights I shot off the back and and landed on my arse. I can remember the two blokes in the van behind me pissing themselves. That was my very first experience on a bike and the reason I hate riding either as a pillion or with one.
    I'm the same with pillion, haven't ridden as pillion since the days when O only had bikes and was forced to scab a ride when my bike had broken down or been bent. Always seemed to be the nutter mate who was going your way or offered a lift, too many scary moments to recall.

My wife enjoys the odd pillion ride out locally and occasional longer trip but really it's not my preference, for me biking is all about individual choice and having to make a compromise on your decisions (quick, slow, stop here, stop there, go home cos it's raining, carry on cos it's raining, 2 minutes pee break, hour long stare at some bikes, etc) + the responsibility always takes the shine of a bike ride for me. I know some who almost always only ride or tour two up and love it but riding is pretty much the only time I get to be responsible for myself and almost myself alone so the selfish side of me usually wins out. For the same reasons, and a couple of others, I'm not really into group rides.

'a totally "beast" mum'......................pmsl!!!!
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Ridden pillion once and never again.

Doing in excess of 180mph and having no control is an experience I would wish on nobody! My mate had to calm me down as I had gone a distinctive shade of white as he started braking as late as he could to scare the life out of me.

Glad he enjoyed it, I remember when my mum took my borther to school on a Honda Cub and he fell asleep. It was only 2 and a half miles to school!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

haha, beast - that's pretty cool. I take my daughter out on the back - she's ten and thinks she's the dogs b0llocks turning up at school on the back of a bike
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”