Notices

Thread: Backhanded Compliment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Backhanded Compliment 
    Took my son (11 yrs old) out for a spin on Saturday in the brief hours the sun actually shone. My first time with a pillion and I don't know who was more nervous.

However, made it to my friend's house and after he got off announced that I am a totally "beast" mum (I think this is a good thing), and beamed quite seriously "Wow, I didn't fall off and I didn't even die".

I'm so pleased he had such faith in me!

Awesome !!!

Totally Beast! That's sic. I think
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

I think in his eyes you are probably the best parent on the planet (but in 5 years time he's going to be begging for a ped)!

He'll be wanting a lift to school on it next

Beast is indeed good!
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

Well for single parent no one could argue he doesn't get encouragement to what it traditionally non-girly stuff. Barbie dolls never appealed to me, don't get me wrong I'm girly in all the right ways but I'd rather be "beast" any day lol. I'm already booked in for a school run soon although I don't think leathers are in the school uniform rules.

He's just decided he wants to take up motocross, so if anyone knows of anything in the area I'd appreciate it. He's eleven but size wise he's the stature of a 13-14 yr old.

Thats really cool and he sounds like he loved it! I remember the first time I took a pillion passenger, it was my girlfriend on the back and I was terrified! Trying to balance the bike when stationary or at slow speeds was scary. After 2 years of riding and carrying pillion I love it now. She's good too, she feels like a part of the bike when shes on the back, she knows how to lean and position herself etc

The girlfriends nephew really wants a pillion ride but hes only 5, I keep saying "not until your feet can sit properly on the footpegs" as an excuse. Don't think Id like that responsibility...
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkingviolet View Post
    "Wow, I didn't fall off and I didn't even die".
    I say the same after most rideouts

Wicked, my daughter 13 now loves coming on the back .........but hates me saying that I will pick her up from school..its a youth thing (I cant remember that !!)
    I took my Mrs out for the first time this summer and tried my hardest to make her never to want to go on it again (a plan to single seat my bike ??) it never worked she just kept shouting go faster im OK.... we did not stick around and is asking to go out for rides when ever the kids are not about all the time ...
    well done there shrinkingviolet, get some cheap intercom things they're great and a real piece of mind on how they feel on the back too

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I say the same after most rideouts
    Ha ha ha....yes, spot on!

I've taken many pillions over the years including my ex when she was 8 months pregnant to visit my parents which didn't go down too well. I've taken two of my kids on the back (my lad came on several rideouts as well) and they really enjoyed it. I have to say though that I ride like an IAM Observer when they're on the back. I have an intercom system so would instruct them to either do the "v" sign or give a wave to car drivers whilst we're filtering depending on how nice they've been..... they liked doing that bit.